Alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Alternator

Looking to buy an Alternator, new or used.
    if used, I’d prefer local so we can go to a auto parts store so they can bench test it for verification that it’s functions properly

Bro just buy a brand new Valeo. Why go through all the trouble of having it tested etc etc.

Comment

I have an OEM used alternator that I pulled when I did my oil housing gasket job. Perfect working condition when it was removed. I’m in LA, so you aren’t too far away. PM me if you are interested.
      2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post
        Bro just buy a brand new Valeo. Why go through all the trouble of having it tested etc etc.
        Bc they are all on backorder….

and I’m not spending $600 on a bmw branded valeo alternator

Comment

This one is a direct fit. Just have to swap the back plastic housing. I personally did it on my car

2006 Alpine White/Black ZCP 6-Speed

Join the E46 M3 Owners FB Group HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Chanman1029 View Post

Bc they are all on backorder….

and I’m not spending $600 on a bmw branded valeo alternator
            They are not on back order:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by whoissuprme View Post
              This one is a direct fit. Just have to swap the back plastic housing. I personally did it on my car

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...eo-12317551253
              You can run a big subwoofer with that now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

I’m not very fluent when it comes to voltage and stuff, but would the extra 20amps on that alternator cause problems with the rest of the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Chanman1029 View Post

I’m not very fluent when it comes to voltage and stuff, but would the extra 20amps on that alternator cause problems with the rest of the car?
                  Your accessories will only draw as much as they need and the regulator will taper charging of the battery. With only 20amp diff I would not worry about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Feffman
                    Autozone carries the Valeo for $295: https://www.autozone.com/batteries-s...317/478139_0_0
                    I saw, but I’m pretty sure they are out of stock bc you cant even order it for delivery

Comment

I ordered one from Bimmerworld 3 weeks ago. Got it in 2 days. Worth the $4 difference ordering from autozone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it confirmed the pulley is the exact diameter as E46 M3?
                        6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Rock auto has the alternator. Just scroll down and look for the Valeo brand new unit.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

also

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post
                            Rock auto has the alternator. Just scroll down and look for the Valeo brand new unit.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Rockauto discount code for 5% off:
                            exp 2/12/2023

Comment

I went ahead and bought the one from bimmerworld, turns out I didn’t even need it 🤦🏼‍♂️

Comment

Working...
                              X