Wavetrac LSD for E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wavetrac LSD for E46 M3

Wavetrac LSD used for about 1500 total miles. Since they offer a lifetime, transferrable warranty, I decided to take it in to have it gone through and given a clean bill of health before selling. It has been upgraded with the optional recommended "HD" wave springs. I have the paperwork after this service which I can provide, although i'm not posting it due to personal information on the invoice.

It was used in comparison testing between multiple types of LSD units. I am selling because I was sponsored a clutch-type LSD and mainly use mine as a track only car now. The Wavetrac is a torsen/ATB-type 1-way diff similar to a Quaife, except Wavetrac's technology prevents the diff from unloading when one wheel is off the ground like other ATB-type diffs will do. They are great for street and some track use as they are silent in operation and essentially never wear out as they don't use clutch plates.

Diff comes with new (1500 miles) carrier bearings pre-pressed, or you can choose to install brand new ones if you wish. You will need to use equal-length side/output flanges with this diff, same is true with *any* aftermarket LSD you add to an E46 M3 (since factory M-Variable is unusual in that it uses unequal length flanges). You can either cut one of yours down or buy new/used output flanges online. Wavetrac also sells them or they can be found from various older BMWs, used on eBay.

$900 picked up in SoCal, or $940 shipped
    Last edited by BBRTuning; 02-27-2023, 01:00 PM.

I'll take it.
    '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I’ll take if JB doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SOLD

Comment

Working...
        X