Outdoor Car Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: Outdoor Car Cover

So, my M3 sits in the garage but I may need to park it outside for a bit. I have limited parking and my M5 touring project is taking up space, can’t be moved so the M3 may have to sit out for a bit. Not ideal but it’s life. It’s never spent time outside since I’ve owned it.

So, ideally, I would just buy the OE car cover but it’s NLA. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...018231#fitment

Anyone have anything for sale or suggestions? I’m in Birmingham, AL. Thanks guys.

I haven been looking for an oem outdoor car cover for years. I think are other threads on here but havent found any as good.

Comment

Originally posted by TosM3 View Post
      I haven been looking for an oem outdoor car cover for years. I think are other threads on here but havent found any as good.
      Thanks for the heads up. Others have recommended Noah to me. I’ve read about them in the past so I may go that route.

Comment

I've been very happy with my outdoor cover craft cover. Good for rain and sun

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmlavery View Post
          Thanks for the heads up. Others have recommended Noah to me. I’ve read about them in the past so I may go that route.
          same I have no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by sdwz_m3 View Post
            I've been very happy with my outdoor cover craft cover. Good for rain and sun
            Same here. It's very similar to OE. Local dealer parts desk mentioned this is where everyone was buying these days as alternative.

Part #: C15721AC
            Description: Custom Covercraft 5-Layer Softback All Climate Car Cover, Color: Gray
            Price: $195.12​ (Sale Price)

Comment

Have one brand new in the box. Never used. Make an offer
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LemansM View Post

Same here. It's very similar to OE. Local dealer parts desk mentioned this is where everyone was buying these days as alternative.

Part #: C15721AC
                Description: Custom Covercraft 5-Layer Softback All Climate Car Cover, Color: Gray
                Price: $195.12​ (Sale Price)
                I had this one, until the sun started to disintegrate it (parked outdoor full time). I upgraded to the weathershield, which is much more resilient to sun and rain. Covercraft still warrantied my original cover

Comment

Originally posted by TosM3 View Post
                  I recall Covercraft being the best for outdoor. I have an OEM one (attached) that feels sort of like the CoverCraft that I have for other cars, although I'm not sure I'd trust it for outdoors. Feels like I might need that one + a Covercraft on top, especially if heavy rain or snow are involved. That said, none of mine really gets stored outside.

maw
                  Attached Files

Comment

In the same boat -

Grabbed a cheap ($80) eBay one that is ok.

But in need of the heavy UV protection for ridiculous AZ summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys, thanks for the feedback and the advice you have shared here. I'm not really a car cover person but they all come across as snake oil when you start shopping for them. The prices are also all over the place which makes things even more interesting.

I have experience in paint and my M3 has been corrected and ceramic coated. While I don't want to put something terrible on my paint, I also want to let the car breathe and keep bird crap, sap, leaves, etc. off of it.

As nice as it would be to have the BMW cover, I'm not sure it would be worth it based off of what some of you have said and just the simple fact it says BMW on it. I have a gated driveway but still...

Comment

Working...
                      X