FS: AVIN Avant 4 with Carplay (wired)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: AVIN Avant 4 with Carplay (wired)

Selling AVIN Avant 4 touchscreen unit, purchased Feb 2019, runs Android 8 (I think?). This is the original Avant 4 model with the PX5 CPU, not the upgraded PX30 or PX6 that they're currently selling.

The only option it comes with is the Apple Carplay / Android Auto adapter (wired, not wireless), which is a $69.99 option from AVIN. Additional options (like IBUS adapter, etc) can be purchased directly from Avin and will be plug-and-play.

Has A2DP bluetooth, wifi, and an SD card slot.

If you want a nav headunit that truly retains OEM look/feel, this is basically the only option. It's highly customizable, and is super useful to have for diagnosis running apps like Torque that give you the ability to monitor engine parameters in real time. Great way to modernize your car without sacrificing the look/feel of your interior. The OS can easily be skinned with nice BMW themes.

No problems with it, runs fast and bug free, no complaints. Currently looking to upgrade to the new model because I want DSP.

Will ship in original box with everything it came with. Paid $550 originally, asking $200 + shipping. Great cheap way to replace your old radio with something modern with bluetooth, Apple carplay, and with an OEM look!

(you'll need an HVAC relocation kit to install if your car didn't originally have nav, can be had for ~$100 from ECS or FCP. If your car originally had OE Nav installed you'll have to get a special cable from Avin and run it to your trunk.)

EDIT: Sorry, thought I'd have time after posting the thread to take pics and update the thread before I got a bunch of interest but dealer took a while getting my car back to me from airbag recall. Pulled the unit this morning to fully assess and take pics, and unit has some minor cosmetic wear and tear: small blemish on right side tuning knob, and some light scratching on the screen itself from a short period of use without screen protector when I first got it. I thought the scratches were on the screen protector but I pulled it off and they're on the screen itself. Most are very light and can only be seen with the screen off at a very specific angle. I can count four that are visible from a normal viewing angle.

With a screen protector on, you can only see the four scratches, lightly.

Pics attached: first two pics show with screen protector on -- don't mind the bubbles those are just from hastily putting the screen protector on and doing a bad job of it. Next three show without screen protector, one at an angle deliberately chosen to make the lightest scratches shine, as you can see, at normal viewing angles they don't show up that way, and with a screen protector on they don't show up at all. Final pic is of small blemish on right knob.

All in all, with a screen protector on (which I would highly advise, as the screen is very soft), I think it looks great for the price. 3 screen protectors will also be included with the unit. But if that's the kind of thing that'll drive you nuts this isn't the one for you. Happy to take more pics or text you a video of the unit if you'd like, just PM
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ATB88; 05-07-2020, 11:11 AM.

Pm sent.

Comment

Im looking for a replace the Eonon unit my car came with that the screen has completely stopped responding to touch, basically making it useless. Do you know if the Avin would be plug and play since my car already has the Eonon?
      2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
      Instagram
      Youtube

Comment

Messaged

Comment

Bump: edited with pics and detailed physical description

Comment

Originally posted by BigRussia View Post
            Im looking for a replace the Eonon unit my car came with that the screen has completely stopped responding to touch, basically making it useless. Do you know if the Avin would be plug and play since my car already has the Eonon?
            Depends on a few things. If your car never originally came with nav from the factory then yes it'll definitely be plug and play.

If your car did originally have nav from the factory before the eonon went in, I'm less sure, it depends how the eonon installs. For cars that had factory nav the avin requires you to route a long 6m cable to the trunk where all the nav related stuff is, which is kind of a pain. If the eonon requires that for nav cars as well, then it's probably plug and play in that case.

Comment

Sold! Thanks for all the interest.

Comment

Working...
              X