CSL SMG Expansion tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: CSL SMG Expansion tank

will be running a carbon airbox on one of my SMG projects and before i order from ECS, figured i would see if there was anyone with one in decent shape. maybe someone converted to 6MT and has one laying around.

Still have mine attached to my airbox - didn't realize that could/should be removed. If no one else comes through, I'll send you mine. Are you in a hurry? Getting some work done at the end of the month and will take it off then.
    '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post
      Still have mine attached to my airbox - didn't realize that could/should be removed. If no one else comes through, I'll send you mine. Are you in a hurry? Getting some work done at the end of the month and will take it off then.
      the stock non CSL SMG tank is attached to the stock M3 airbox but the Carbon airbox doesnt have an attachment point so the CSL tank attaches to the shock tower.

which one do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

the stock non CSL SMG tank is attached to the stock M3 airbox but the Carbon airbox doesnt have an attachment point so the CSL tank attaches to the shock tower.

which one do you have?
        Stock intake plenum for SMG E46 M3's. Car has been converted to 6MT so I assume that reservoir tank lifts right out and detaches from the plenum - is that correct?

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	225873

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post

Stock intake plenum for SMG E46 M3's. Car has been converted to 6MT so I assume that reservoir tank lifts right out and detaches from the plenum - is that correct?

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	225873
          Grab a hacksaw lol. It's built into the manifold. CSL reservoir has to be purchased separately.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Grab a hacksaw lol. It's built into the manifold. CSL reservoir has to be purchased separately.
            Haha! I'll live with it until I get my Karb airbox. nextelbuddy - sorry man, looks like my reservoir is married to my intake plenum. Good luck

Comment

Still looking. I'm a little apprehensive about purchasing from ECS considering their ship dates always change and right now it says it doesn't ship until September sometime.

Still hoping somebody has one laying around that they don't need anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
                Still looking. I'm a little apprehensive about purchasing from ECS considering their ship dates always change and right now it says it doesn't ship until September sometime.

Still hoping somebody has one laying around that they don't need anymore.
                I could buy one here at the dealer in Europe (takes 1 or 2 days for it to arrive from BMW) and overnight it to you, it would probably be more expensive in the end compared to ECS though
                E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

This a New E46 M3 CSL SMG tank designed for a remote location away from the intake manifold.

Comment

It isn't a part they list separately, but IND stocks these as part of their carbon airbox install kit.

Shoot them an email.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X