VANOS units and some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sale: VANOS units and some

I have for sale two low miles VANOS units. Both have Beisan seals and re-drilled OE pump discs.

1. 43k miles, this one is original to my car, and the seals have no more than 2k miles. — $550 SOLD

2. 60k miles, this one I bought allegedly from a 50k mile motor, and was used for about 10k miles in my car, the seals have those 10k as I replaced all seals prior to install — $500 SOLD

both units were tested to confirm they make the correct pressure

3. BNIB solenoid and valve Body — $600 (I paid about $750) SOLD

4. 55k solenoid and valve body (this is original to my car) which has 55k miles. — $300. In perfect working order, this has not been messed with (comes with a new pressure regulating valve) SOLD

5. 40k miles pressure regulating valve (replaced thinking it needed to) - $75 AVAILABLE

6. Constant pressure feed valve - $50, should have around 55k miles. AVAILABLE

i was hoarding all these as parts get less available and more expensive but I need to free up space and $$.
    Last edited by maupineda; 07-23-2024, 12:18 PM.

Who drilled the discs?
    '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
    Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

George Hill, for unit one, Beisan did (core exchange). For unit two a machine shop in Canada did it for me.

Also, interesting fact, the discs and vanos unit shafts are either marked with an "A" or "B", not sure if this is meaningful, but you will find that from factory these are matched and I wanted to keep it as such. so for unit one, I made sure Beisan sent me a "B" disc as that is what my car has. Unit two is marked "A".

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
        George Hill, for unit one, Beisan did (core exchange). For unit two a machine shop in Canada did it for me.

Also, interesting fact, the discs and vanos unit shafts are either marked with an "A" or "B", not sure if this is meaningful, but you will find that from factory these are matched and I wanted to keep it as such. so for unit one, I made sure Beisan sent me a "B" disc as that is what my car has. Unit two is marked "A".
        When I went through my little debacle with the Beisan made pump disc not producing sufficient pressure Raj sent me a factory redrilled disc.
        I had requested my (core) disc back but he said at that point it would was impossible to identify which disc was mine.

The disc I received was marked "B" and the shaft on my vanos unit is marked "A". I was concerned about this and asked Raj if he knew about these "designations", he was confident the discs were infact interchangeable and the markings had nothing to do with fitment. I had forgotten about that...

I would still like to know 100% what those markings mean.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Yeah, who knows!

another data point is diaphragm springs for S62 are B, and S54 are A.

Comment

Adding some photos.

this is unit 1, with 43k miles

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0802.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.1 KB ID:	271442

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0803.jpg Views:	0 Size:	203.1 KB ID:	271443

Pressure of VANOS unit one

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1779.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	271444

Pressure of VANOS unit two

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0223.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	271445

and this is the BNIB solenoid pack

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.7 KB ID:	271441
            Last edited by maupineda; 07-10-2024, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Ítem 4 sold!

Comment

The VANOS units sold

i still have the solenoid, the feed valve, and the pressure regulator.

Comment

Adding pics of the feed valve and pressure regulator.

they have fresh Beisan seals.

Comment

Working...
                  X