Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD Turner CSL airbox/parts

-------SOLD------

So I just got a Turner CSL airbox and parts today in the mail, this was part of a group buy through the old M3forums back in January. I purchased and installed a Karbonious box in the meantime which is the reason I am selling this stuff.

This part came damaged, look at the photos.

I am in the process of getting a new box once I receive the order number from the group buy organizer. I have 5 people that were in line to buy this box from me, 2 people don't want it now and no response from the other 3 just yet.

At this point I am willing to sell it to the first person that wants it.

If no one wants this within the next day or two I will be proceeding with either returning the box for another undamaged unit OR simply getting my money back if that is an option.

I am listing this for sale today because I want to see if anyone willing to buy this as-is and avoid the process/time of a warranty return.
    So if the damage to the box is worth it when considering the cost savings this is for you. Not trying to trick anyone etc. just PM me if there is something I can help you with.

I am not taking offers! There is already a substantial discount from the group buy pricing and I am simply looking to get back what I spent.

If Turner allows me to simply get my money back I WILL DO SO and will be calling them regarding this tomorrow (6/8). Although if I had to guess a warranty exchange will be my only option.

PRICE:

Airbox (Gloss): $1275 GB Price

Parts: $180
    - CSL Breather
    - CSL Shutoff Valve
    - CSL Vent Valve Clip with BMW Fillister head screw (I only have 1 screw, 2 are needed, I used the other screw another project recently, you can but the BMW screw or simply go to a hardware store) BMW part # 07129904831

- OEM CSL air filter $150

- Shipping $25 (will likely cost me more)

Total= $1630

I put every item listed I have for sale in a cart at ECS and the total = $1974.89, not to mention the airboxes are currently not in stock, looking again today this could easily be fixed with epoxy, as its just the glue that broke. If I had to guess they will simply glue this piece back on and re-sell it.

The broken piece could be epoxied back in, it appears that only the glue broke, this part was not molded into the box it is glued in. I put the broken piece back into the airbox and it slots in nicely, some JB or Devcon expoxy would fix this. The pictures of the broken piece in place only result from me pushing the piece in from the bottom, it is NOT just barely sitting in that hole if that makes sense. There is a lip/collar around the broken piece and that is what slots back into place from inside the airbox. If you want more photos or details just PM me.

- Brian

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200606_142303.jpg Views:	115 Size:	171.3 KB ID:	31861 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200606_142500.jpg Views:	115 Size:	93.5 KB ID:	31860 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200606_142244.jpg Views:	115 Size:	122.6 KB ID:	31859 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200606_130655.jpg Views:	117 Size:	63.4 KB ID:	31858 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200606_135738.jpg Views:	115 Size:	106.4 KB ID:	31857 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200606_142254.jpg Views:	115 Size:	96.9 KB ID:	31856 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200606_135746.jpg Views:	115 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	31855 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200606_135952.jpg Views:	115 Size:	126.2 KB ID:	31854 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200606_135946.jpg Views:	123 Size:	59.4 KB ID:	31853
    Last edited by Cubieman; 06-10-2020, 09:14 AM.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

So you have 5 people in line to buy it but still made a forsale thread... Looking for number 6?

Great deal and those are an easy fix
    Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post
      So you have 5 people in line to buy it but still made a forsale thread... Looking for number 6?

Great deal and those are an easy fix
      Had 5 people, 2 declined to buy the box broken and the other 3 did not respond yet, but will get first dibs. I know I know...

Instagram

Comment

Sorry I know this is slightly off topic, but does anybody know the name of that type of connector which was broken off in the picture above? I’m trying to find one in the same size that connectors to the air shut off valve connection next to it.
        Last edited by duracellttu; 06-07-2020, 06:59 AM.
        2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Great deal for something that would only require a bit of epoxy to fix. That part is only glued in there from the factory, so the repaired result shouldn't be much different than what you would receive brand new from the manufacturer. GLWS!

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
          Sorry I know this is slightly off topic, but does anybody know the name of that type of connector which was broken off in the picture above? I’m trying to find one in the same size that connectors to the air shut off valve connection next to it.
          Not sure of the actual technical name for that fitting, but perhaps searching for something in the "breather hose connector" family might yield some results.

Comment

So this morning I contacted Turner and was told a refund may be possible, part of me wants to do that as it avoids me having to ship etc.
            But after sending pics to Turner I have yet to hear back as to what they want to do, although it hasn't even been a full business day yet.
            I would like to sell this all at once because the parts I am selling also came from Turner and of course they cannot be returned.
            But if anyone is interested I guess I'd like to get going so I don't screw up Turner by telling them to give me my $ back then calling back and saying nevermind 2 days later.
            So far I've got 1 person that said they wanted it but havent closed the deal and got 2 LOWBALL offers.
            Again, this deal is as stands. Not taking offers, not splitting parts. You may see this back up for sale once I get an exhange or if Turner decides to just refund me that's what I'll do.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
              So this morning I contacted Turner and was told a refund may be possible, part of me wants to do that as it avoids me having to ship etc.
              But after sending pics to Turner I have yet to hear back as to what they want to do, although it hasn't even been a full business day yet.
              I would like to sell this all at once because the parts I am selling also came from Turner and of course they cannot be returned.
              But if anyone is interested I guess I'd like to get going so I don't screw up Turner by telling them to give me my $ back then calling back and saying never-ending 2 days later.
              So far I've got 1 person that said they wanted it but havent closed the deal and got 2 LOWBALL offers.
              Again, this deal is as stands. Not taking offers, not splitting parts. You may see this back up for sale once I get an exhange or if Turner decides to just refund me that's what I'll do.
              They won't refund you on the other parts? That seems surprising/s***ty. Obviously you wouldn't have any use for the parts if you're returning the airbox, and the parts are unused. Also, I don't think we even got any special GB pricing on the breather/shutoff hoses, I think they just sold them to us at normal price for our convenience. They should absolutely take them back imo, especially if they agree to take your airbox back.

edit: I believe Leighton charged us $169 for the install kit (deduced from the fact that my PayPal payment to Leighton was a total of $1419, and the box was $1250 iirc). Current Turner prices for those two pieces are $111.95 and $39.95, totalling $151.90. Absolutely no reason they should be refusing return on them, especially in light of your situation.
              Last edited by ATB88; 06-08-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

To be fair I didn't ask, I only assumed they would not take the new parts back. I will ask and def. be returning it all if possible to avoid the hassle of selling this stuff.

But the one guy that was interested should give me a call/txt if you still want to get it. I'll be on the phone with Turner Tomorrow AM and if they will take it all back that makes things much simpler.
                Last edited by Cubieman; 06-08-2020, 02:29 PM.

Instagram

Comment

PM'd

Comment

Bump...

I MAY soon have to split the parts from the box as I'm trying to move this thing now, so if anyone is interested in just the airbox for $1300 shipped let me know.

Turner got the idea I wanted a refund for the damages and wanted to keep the box which was incorrect. So I called back today and it seemed like I can simply return the damaged box for $ back but the parts where in question. So I still haven't gotten an official word from Turner, they must be busy and at least 5 of us have had
                    damaged airboxes so their hands are full likely.
                    Whatever comes first...someone wants this stuff or Turner tells me to send it back for $....

EDIT: Just got a message from Turner and they say my options will be emailed to me tomorrow AM (6/10).
                    Last edited by Cubieman; 06-09-2020, 12:59 PM.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                    X