Originally posted by M3yxb
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
One Owner 2004 SG low 40k mileage
Collapse
X
-
Or like mine, In secure storage for 4 years so a huge gap in service history. MOT history will back that up though but still looks odd in the book.Originally posted by Mike R View PostYou might find it is something as simple as being off the road for that period of time. A few years ago mine was off the road for 18 months waiting for cams from BMW :banghead:.
Comment
-
That’s a great line :smokin: that’s what I’ll say if I ever sell,, it’s been in storage for 15 years ! That way it’s got no service history :beer:Originally posted by rstoughy View PostOr like mine, In secure storage for 4 years so a huge gap in service history. MOT history will back that up though but still looks odd in the book.
Comment
-
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread. I came across this just looking for some information about Technosport and George as they seemed to have stopped trading and I was wondering what happened as I knew George well. He looked after my cars when I owned BMWs and I did a fair bit of work for him too and spent a fair amount of time at his workshop. I got bored with BMWs and just fell out of touch with him a few years back.
Anyway, posting as I might be able to shed a little light on this CSL (if anyone still cares about it). Now I can't be 100% sure its the same car, but given the mods and engine work in particular mentioned I think it is. I saw this car often at Technosport and I think it spent more time there than with the owner (who I never met).
At one point I saw it damaged (or maybe he just mentioned it I can't be sure as it was a long time ago) and asked what had happened and George told me the owner had just picked it up after all the mods and engine work and when driving on a motorway exit/entry (I think that's right) given it a hefty dose of throttle except that with the car being a fair bit more powerful now than before it span out and ended up in the armco. This happened pretty shortly after he had picked up the car, maybe even the same day or week.
Given that it ended up back with George so soon its possible it wasn't ever tracked? Who knows, I'm just speculating. Certainly the accident damage was not track related though.
I wonder what ever happened to it.
Comment
-
I really do!Originally posted by missy View PostI suppose you believe in Santa as well 😉
I don?t think George would have had any reason to lie to me about it? maybe the owner wasn?t honest with George. Who knows.
Having said that I have been a bit surprised by some of the comments about interactions some people had with Technosport. Certainly wasn?t my experience but I wouldn?t deny that they had bad experiences and perhaps sometimes bad things did happen.
Just providing what little information I have. It could well be wrong but that?s what I was told.
Comment
-
I had bad experiences with them. They are (or ‘were’ should I say) cowboys in my book.Originally posted by anon View PostI really do!
I don?t think George would have had any reason to lie to me about it? maybe the owner wasn?t honest with George. Who knows.
Having said that I have been a bit surprised by some of the comments about interactions some people had with Technosport. Certainly wasn?t my experience but I wouldn?t deny that they had bad experiences and perhaps sometimes bad things did happen.
Just providing what little information I have. It could well be wrong but that?s what I was told.2002 BMW E46 M3 Coupé
2005 Porsche 911 (997.1) Carrera S
Comment

Comment