Hello, E36 rally car here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, E36 rally car here.

I didn't see an introduction thing anywhere so I guess I'll just post it here.

Hi!

Joining and posting in a forum feels so 2005 but honestly, it's a nice break from Facebook. I stumbled on this site a few times now while research S54 stuff, I noticed how current the conversations were and got excited for that old school forum vibe.

So yeah, my name is Ryan and I've got a '95 M3 rally car that I built beat the shit out of at American Rally Association events in the Midwest. My Co-Driver is my wife and we compete in the Regional Open 2wd class. We have competed in 13 events, finishing 11 and have been on the podium 8 of those times. I will be building an S54 for it this winter and am really looking forward to winding it out on a rally stage near you.

Click image for larger version  Name:	received_281292300472572.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	201.6 KB ID:	139622image widgetClick image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1624464706515.jpg Views:	5 Size:	212.2 KB ID:	139623
    Last edited by BeardedRyno828; 11-30-2021, 07:04 AM.

Very cool, more pics and details!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

I found the pics!! Incredible looking car. Love the full send over the hump in the road.

Your wife gets the wife of the year award. So cool she's your copilot in life and in rallying. Awesome man.
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

sick keep it up brother

Comment

Awesome, I've recently gotten into rallycross, I'd love to build an E36 for it. I'd also love to see build specs/pics of your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Kthree View Post
            Very cool, more pics and details!
            Thanks! I'll post some more details below.

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
            I found the pics!! Incredible looking car. Love the full send over the hump in the road.

Your wife gets the wife of the year award. So cool she's your copilot in life and in rallying. Awesome man.
            Thanks, much appreciated! It's fun beating the shit outta this thing in the woods. And my wife, she's a freaking rockstar for doing all of this with me!

Originally posted by Evtron View Post
            Awesome, I've recently gotten into rallycross, I'd love to build an E36 for it. I'd also love to see build specs/pics of your car.
            Awesome, rallycross is a lot of fun!

Comment

The car is a 1995 M3 w/ the S50B30us motor. Typical bolt on engine mods, Turner chip, Bimmerworld 3.5" race intake, Raceland headers w/ custom 3" exhaust. Made 207whp (Mustang Dyno) pre-headers and exhaust, never tested it afterwards. She runs pretty damn good for an engine with over 200k on it!

For suspension we run Samsonas 3-Way Gravel spec coilovers. Front lower control arms are Meyle HD, rears are all Nerp Tech. AKG lollipop bushings. Condor spherical trailing arm bushings. Nerp Tech solid aluminum subframe bushings.

Tires are 205-65-15 Hoosier Hard gravel tires on Braid wheels.

Brakes are 325/328 so that we can fit 15's on the car. Zimmerman blanks (FCP Euro FTW!) and Hawk Blue pads all around. We run the 328i convertible rear vented brake rotor setup. Hydraulic wise, we run a Massive Brakes dual master/booster delete kit, no ABS, all new NiCopp hard lines, rear are ran through the interior and through a Nameless hand brake.

Zf 5-speed trans, AKG shifter, 3.91 diff w/ 3 clutch upgrade. Nerp Tech diff brace with solid diff bushings.

Random stuff: OMP HTE-R seats, Sabelt harness's, Lifeline fire suppression kit, Race Louvers hood vents, Condor poly rear side windows, Ecliptech P2 Shift light, Bimmerworld windshield defroster, dual cool shirt setup, TRF cage w/ rear subframe tied in, Z3 steering rack.

Upgrades this winter will be a fresh S54, Nine Lives Racing Big Wang, Condor rear poly window, 14mm diff bolt upgrade, and some other crap I'm sure.
              Last edited by BeardedRyno828; 12-23-2021, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201013_152026_844.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	144690 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201005_143646_200.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	144691 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200629_132312_419.jpg
Views:	253