Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Thank you!

The wheel fitment on the 10" front and 11" rear was a year long process of trial & errors. I documented all of it on my build journal here.

For the lip, it's 1:1 fiberglass replica of the GTS. It also came with the chassis brackets to mount the lower splitter - but they were destroyed after hitting a roadkill.

That lip has been discontinued. I'm working on an improved version with pre-preg carbon, but painted in satin black, with CNC'ed chassis brackets.

Click image for larger version Name:	REC06184.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.0 KB ID:	197790
    Looks really nice. I see the widened wheels are widely available to public now too.
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

My '13 Comp 6 spd. This thing is just so beautiful, sporty and comfortable... which basically means I am getting too old and the boy racer, loud and slammed E46 no longer fits me. Tbonem3 do you feel the same way or is it just me?

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5649.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.7 KB ID:	197873

Get a brand new set of OEM ZCPs for it. Guys at discount tire did a fantastic job mounting the tires without a single ding !

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5639.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.9 KB ID:	197874
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Ya the e9x is too damn good. I'm not sure if it's because I have the e90 or if it's more my age (I think you're close to my age), but I've been de-modding the E46, and still don't enjoy driving it like I used to. The e90 has spoiled me.

There are 2 exceptions - driving near the limit. It's not fun in the E90; it's downright dangerous and reckless. Even the E46 is a little much, but you can get close to 10/10ths at times and it's a whole lot of fun. The other thing is styling. I just can't get enough of late 90s/early 2000s BMW, both exterior and interior.

Some other smaller things that keep the E46 relevant is the incredible community support/knowledge and aftermarket. And the simplicity (relative) to DIY own/maintain. The E9x is still fairly good in that regard, but quite a bit more complicated than the E46.

Whacha doing with your old comp wheels?
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by cornerbalanced View Post
          Some of my junk from the past 1-2 years. Recently sold the black one for an E46. In search of another slicktop singlehump E90.
          If you’d be open to a double hump, my friend is selling his; Pm me if you’d be interested and I can put you in contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Forgot to post a pic

Click image for larger version

Name:	DecE90CamSpr (41).jpg
Views:	270
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	198002

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              Ya the e9x is too damn good. I'm not sure if it's because I have the e90 or if it's more my age (I think you're close to my age), but I've been de-modding the E46, and still don't enjoy driving it like I used to. The e90 has spoiled me.

There are 2 exceptions - driving near the limit. It's not fun in the E90; it's downright dangerous and reckless. Even the E46 is a little much, but you can get close to 10/10ths at times and it's a whole lot of fun. The other thing is styling. I just can't get enough of late 90s/early 2000s BMW, both exterior and interior.

Some other smaller things that keep the E46 relevant is the incredible community support/knowledge and aftermarket. And the simplicity (relative) to DIY own/maintain. The E9x is still fairly good in that regard, but quite a bit more complicated than the E46.

Whacha doing with your old comp wheels?

I'm right there with you. I think its a combo of getting spoiled by the comfy E9X and the fact that we're getting older. I would like to start demodding my E46 too. I think the stiff coilovers have to go and I need to lift it up a bit and go with a more comfortable shock and spring setup !

for me E46 will always be the beauty queen and I agree the E90 at its limit requires a lot of balls and experience.
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Man I am itching for one of these lately in E90 format. Luckily for my wallet I can’t quite convince myself yet to go for a third M car and neither the E46 or E39 are going anywhere. Seems like it'd be a great year round driver though through the snow and salt considering the rust protection advances that BMW made for the E60/E90 generations.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                  Man I am itching for one of these lately in E90 format. Luckily for my wallet I can’t quite convince myself yet to go for a third M car and neither the E46 or E39 are going anywhere. Seems like it'd be a great year round driver though through the snow and salt considering the rust protection advances that BMW made for the E60/E90 generations.
                  Buy one. And you’ll start thinking about letting the E39 or E46 go !
                  2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Just picked this up a week or so ago. Didn't think I would ever get rid of an E46 M3 but wow do I love the S65 (and having a somewhat modern car)

11 E90 M3 Alpine White
                    96 FJ80 Black
                    05 E46 M3 Carbon Black: (sold)
                    86 Porsche 944 Turbo Guards Red, 320 whp: (sold)
                    89 E30 Touring Alpine White, S52 swapped: (sold)
                    02 E46 M3 Steel Grey: (sold)

Comment

Seems like it'd be a great year round driver though through the snow and salt considering the rust protection advances that BMW made for the E60/E90 generations.
                      I think so!

My ‘08 has apparently been a DD in PA for its whole life. Rust has been eminently manageable.
                      2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                      Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                      Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Put some snows on and WOW! It is FUN!!! Unbelievable! One of the few cars like it at that time...except maybe the Audi RS4? I had my car in Milwaukee for 3 winters. Other than some seized front tie rods there are no signs it was ever driven in snow/salt. I did run the car through a car wash that sprayed the undercarriage and had a heated garage at work where I could clean the undercarriage.

Comment

Name:	20230210_090838.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	204913 Beautiful Beast

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Name:	20230210_090838.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	204913 Beautiful Beast
                            Nice pics, Tyler. That looks like Kanan Drive or somewhere close; we should set up a cruise or just grab coffee some time. I have a dd f30 328d so the e92 hardly gets any attention nowadays :/.

Comment

Thanks! That's Encinal which is the next canyon north of Kanan, just a mile or 2 if you turn on N. Mulholland from Kanan. It turns into Encinal (and doesn't resume as Mulholland again till the 23 [Decker]).

I should set up a drive/meet for the forum's Socal guys. I made a thread in regional section, but haven't followed up. It's going to rain over thenext 2 weeks, but after the next sustained bit of sun, March will be absolutely beautiul, so that'd be a great time.
                              Last edited by Tbonem3; 02-22-2023, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Drove this beast 14 hours home. I don't miss my E46 at all now.

Name:	E95DCF0F-6105-44AF-A428-FEEE6071AA61.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	206805
                                Last edited by Bimmerdude; 02-22-2023, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X