No announcement yet.

Let's see your e9x!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beast is the correct word. E9x is to E46 what E46 was to E36 as far as just being way more built everywhere, except E9x got a whole new chassis that's significantly better than E36/E46. And of course the sound of a V8, esp if you don't have stock exh. S65 isn't quite as torquey and doesn't stir the soul quite as much imo, but it's not that much different and moves quite well if you work it appropriately.

Only thing is that E9x loses out to E46 in the beauty pageant, but it has a very muscular and agressive presence in person.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      Thanks! That's Encinal which is the next canyon north of Kanan, just a mile or 2 if you turn on N. Mulholland from Kanan. It turns into Encinal (and doesn't resume as Mulholland again till the 23 [Decker]).

I should set up a drive/meet for the forum's Socal guys. I made a thread in regional section, but haven't followed up. It's going to rain over thenext 2 weeks, but after the next sustained bit of sun, March will be absolutely beautiul, so that'd be a great time.
      Yeah let's do it! I'll be outta town until the 18th will be open for a nice Sunday drive after that

Comment

Joined the club. The refinement over E46 is huge but still feels like it has closely related DNA.
        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Haven't really gotten any good pics but here she is.

Melbourne Red with black/palladium silver two tone interior
          Slicktop
          Manual
          Competition Package
          EDC
          PDC
          Navigation

Has an intake and exhaust as well with an Alpine Stage 1 E85 tune. Really great power everywhere, feels like a mini S85. And the view from the driver seat with the power dome is really satisfying, the whole car has huge road presence and people give thumbs up all tbe time. Has way more speed, grip and power than is necessary on the street. I really don't get why people say the E9x M3 is gutless, this thing feels just as fast as an S62 once it's past 3K RPM and the low end isn't unbearable.

Really want to see what it feels like with lightweight wheels, battery, seats etc. It's so porky compared to the E46 yet feels so closely related. It also feels way different than a 335i or 335d despite having the same chassis.
          Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 04-05-2023, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
            Haven't really gotten any good pics but here she is.

Melbourne Red with black/palladium silver two tone interior
            Slicktop
            Manual
            Competition Package
            EDC
            PDC
            Navigation

Has an intake and exhaust as well with an Alpine Stage 1 E85 tune. Really great power everywhere, feels like a mini S85. And the view from the driver seat with the power dome is really satisfying, the whole car has huge road presence and people give thumbs up all tbe time. Has way more speed, grip and power than is necessary on the street. I really don't get why people say the E9x M3 is gutless, this thing feels just as fast as an S62 once it's past 3K RPM and the low end isn't unbearable.

Really want to see what it feels like with lightweight wheels, battery, seats etc. It's so porky compared to the E46 yet feels so closely related. It also feels way different than a 335i or 335d despite having the same chassis.
            Amazing spec, I absolutely love red, only came across one E90 in the time I was looking and it was way out of my price range. Congrats on the find!

I think this thread has beat this horse to a pulp, but completely agree that it's too much car for the road. I did an autox in the E90 this weekend, ran the same wheels and tires I typically do on my E46, and a more capable E46 is dead on. The difference is mostly front end with handling and the E90 fixes what's wrong with the E46, it goes where you point it. I only noticed the weight on braking, but that could come down to pads as I do not have ds2500s for it yet. The engine on the other hand, the s54 you can pretty much use as an on/off switch, I had to learn throttle control with the s65. And it just keeps pulling and pulling, feels crazy(read scary) past 6500 in a parking lot.

Comment

My 2009 e92 m3

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerdude View Post

Amazing spec, I absolutely love red, only came across one E90 in the time I was looking and it was way out of my price range. Congrats on the find!

I think this thread has beat this horse to a pulp, but completely agree that it's too much car for the road. I did an autox in the E90 this weekend, ran the same wheels and tires I typically do on my E46, and a more capable E46 is dead on. The difference is mostly front end with handling and the E90 fixes what's wrong with the E46, it goes where you point it. I only noticed the weight on braking, but that could come down to pads as I do not have ds2500s for it yet. The engine on the other hand, the s54 you can pretty much use as an on/off switch, I had to learn throttle control with the s65. And it just keeps pulling and pulling, feels crazy(read scary) past 6500 in a parking lot.
                Thanks, I actually had my eye on this specific car for 3 years and was waiting for it! It is a very rare spec combo especially for a last year E90 M3. I do wish it didn't have nav just because the dash looks so much better and more elegant, plus saves some weight but that's a really nitpicky thing overall.

I do want to maybe get a carbon plenum and throw on a resonated test pipe or xpipe with a different section 3. I feel like this motor could really sing with some tasteful changes. This is gonna sound really dumb but I feel like my E46 sounds better than this E90 M3 does simply because the airbox induction and exhaust combo on the E46 is a sweeter symphony. Really gotta drive them back to back after I get the head back together on the S54.

Comment

Installed Eisenmann Race on my '13 Lagos. Threw in brand new hangers and clamps etc too. I fully polished it and love the way it looks. the cats really tone it down but it still sounds mean on idle and when you step on it. It is by no means brutally loud because I still have OE x pipe.

check out the tread pattern on the yokohama advan apex ! love the way they look

... and you know I barely drive the thing since I havent even bothered to put on my new tags

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail_IMG_6025.jpg Views:	0 Size:	258.2 KB ID:	214957
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Maxima SE; 04-23-2023, 09:07 AM.
                  2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                  2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                  2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                    Installed Eisenmann Race on my '13 Lagos. Threw in brand new hangers and clamps etc too. I fully polished it and love the way it looks. the cats really tone it down but it still sounds mean on idle and when you step on it. It is by no means brutally loud because I still have OE x pipe.

check out the tread pattern on the yokohama advan apex ! love the way they look

... and you know I barely drive the thing since I havent even bothered to put on my new tags

Click image for larger version Name:	thumbnail_IMG_6025.jpg Views:	0 Size:	258.2 KB ID:	214957
                    Lookin' good. Funny you mention the tags. I got pulled over this past weekend in the M3 for my exhaust being "too loud" as Ferraris and Lambos were rolling down PCH - very frustrating. Granted it is a little loud but I was just cruising minding my own business and now I'm looking for a stock x pipe. And I got a fix it ticket for not having my tag on my car even though the registration is up to date . All that to say, you're still not safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Dash1 View Post

Lookin' good. Funny you mention the tags. I got pulled over this past weekend in the M3 for my exhaust being "too loud" as Ferraris and Lambos were rolling down PCH - very frustrating. Granted it is a little loud but I was just cruising minding my own business and now I'm looking for a stock x pipe. And I got a fix it ticket for not having my tag on my car even though the registration is up to date . All that to say, you're still not safe!
                      Gotta meet the quota and make money for the state
                      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

2012 M3 Comp - Lemans Blue DCT Click image for larger version

Name:	7F366A61-6B44-4DD5-89A7-57FFB597B1D8.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	216254 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1903.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	216256
                        Attached Files

Comment

Post ceramic coating (Gyeon):

Click image for larger version

Name:	e90postpure (13).jpg
Views:	262
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	216414 Click image for larger version

Name:	e90postpure (32).jpg
Views:	254
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	216415
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

This thread is so dangerous. I need an E90

Comment

This thread deserves an update.

Fitted a new prototype GTS 1:1 replica, and finally drilled my trunk for the 1:1 GTS replica carbon wing.

Turns out I had a fiberglass replica of the original Vorsteiner. Meh! New trunk on the way from Germany to develop a new CSL mold.

Name:	_DSC8273.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	229570

Name:	_DSC8535.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	229571

Comment

Some new pics