Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 E90 M3 ZCP - Individual Fire Orange / Black - 6MT - Slicktop

1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth​​
    2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
    2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
    2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E4608.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	266848

Name:	IMG_E4613.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	266849

Only in America!
      IG: @limited.slip

2̶0̶0̶2̶ A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ E̶4̶6̶ 3̶2̶5̶i̶ T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ (̶S̶5̶4̶ 6̶M̶T̶)̶
      2003 Imola Red E46 330i ZHP Sedan (S54 6MT)
      2003 Titanium Silver E39 540i M-Sport
      Touring (S62 6MT)
      2009 Alpine White E90 M3 6MT
      2011 Alpine White E82 1M

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post

Name:	IMG_E4608.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	266848

Name:	IMG_E4613.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	266849

Only in America!
        Nice! The middle east has long deserted roads like this that are much more exciting when the pavement spontaneously explodes

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Nice! The middle east has long deserted roads like this that are much more exciting when the pavement spontaneously explodes
          True lol

Comment

New addition. Manual, slicktop, 4 doors. As god intended.

Name:	20240619_144226.jpg.9c98d59fca1da69200833cab3afaf010.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	268643

Name:	20240619_143757.jpg.290b227a9ec4d53c0c3a3b76abf8cb41.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	268644

Comment

She's a work in progress, but having fun so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure! This is actually my 4th E9X M but first one with DCT. And moonroof.. which I use daily, might as well since it's there lol.
                My last one had just 7k miles when I got it back in 2015. This one on the other hand just hit 100k so it needs a lot more TLC. I'm still in the process of refreshing it, upgrading a few things and making it my own but it's been great so far.

I've always enjoyed the E9x M but what pushed me back into one is a combination of things. The S65 of course which is one of all the time NA greats.The telepathic throttle response and the superb chassis balance and adjustability. I don't track much at all these days but I still drive the same playful way and like to hang the ass out when possible or dive into a ramp at slightly elevated speed and then let the car rotate and slide through it (I hate understeer with a passion, enjoy oversteer bias). I find the E9X M is very hard to beat in terms of balance, control and adjustability. It's playful, never scary and supremely adjustable. Seriously, I have yet to drive a car that's better or easier in that regard. Cherry on top, even stock the front end bites and turns in great IMHO (at "street friendly" speeds anyways).

On top of that I enjoy the comfort and practicality. I did not consider a coupe this time around and this sedan has the optional folding rear seats. I've thought about building an E91 but I don't need much more than that (btw this car has the individual audio, also great!). TBD but I think it might replace my E39 M5 Touring which I also love for other reasons but it's just too damn large and heavy. I used to feel that way about the E9X M but I guess that's changed as I've gotten older. I wouldn't be the first to say the E90 M3 is the best M5 ever.

FWIW I also had a DCT ZCP F80 for a year. Fantastic chassis, handling, the engine is an industrial power house, better MPG, an objectively a better car overall. But I just couldn't fall in love. Even with an equal length midpipe the sound was never great, and the throttle response (and thus adjutability) cannot compare with NA. Outright speed and capability was off the charts good and the way it covered ground on my favorite back roads had me very impressed. I tried to love it but at the end of the day none of that mattered, it just didn't t tickle the senses and made me smile.

Maybe a funny tidbit: I've had a complete 6MT swap on the shelf at the shop before one was even on my radar. But so far I have not felt the need or desire to do it (just a few months in). That might change in the future, IDK. I do think the DCT removes a layer of "control" but it's still very good for what it is. It has enough settings to find your sweet spot. I've flashed the CRT software. I drive it in S3 the most. S4 DSC OFF is what I have programmed with the M button for when I want rev matched downshifts and no interventions. I don't care for the shove or torque surge on upshifts in the S5 and above settings.

I'll also add that sometime last year I drove my 6MT "M3" ZHP sedan back to back with a mint low-mile stock E90 M3 sedan. I came out feeling overwhelmingly favorable towards the E46. It was just so much more fun and engaging. But that wasn't a fair comparison. Modded vs stock. And that E90 had a not so good feeling 6MT. Most are nice and smooth as you'd expect a ZF to be but for some reason it seems there are a few out there that just shift poorly. I had gotten feedback in the past about how the 6MT E9X M feels shitty and never understood until then. Still, if I were to compare stock cars, the E46 M3 is the only one I love dearly stock and fresh. The E9X M needs a few mods IMHO. It's not a replacement to the E46 but a great complement!

Well I guess that's enough rambling lol.
                Little update. After 6 months running the CRT DCT tune, I flashed the latest revision US DCT tune and I think I prefer it. It's slightly less "urgent" and slower to engage but doesn't have that strong torque bump/shove when shifting in the higher settings which I wasn't a fan of. Noticeably smoother overall. Gonna keep it for now.

2̶0̶0̶2̶ A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ E̶4̶6̶ 3̶2̶5̶i̶ T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ (̶S̶5̶4̶ 6̶M̶T̶)̶
                Touring (S62 6MT)
                2011 Alpine White E82 1M

Comment

Little update. After 6 months running the CRT DCT tune, I flashed the latest revision US DCT tune and I think I prefer it. It's slightly less "urgent" and slower to engage but doesn't have that strong torque bump/shove when shifting in the higher settings which I wasn't a fan of. Noticeably smoother overall. Gonna keep it for now.
                  Do you recall the ZB number you used? I’ve also been using the CRT tune and agree the aggressive upshift is a bit much. May have to try flashing back to the US tune.

Comment

Originally posted by christoepurrr View Post

Do you recall the ZB number you used? I’ve also been using the CRT tune and agree the aggressive upshift is a bit much. May have to try flashing back to the US tune.
                    I'm very happy with it, enjoying the car more TBH.
                    Try it and share your thoughts!

Touring (S62 6MT)
                    2011 Alpine White E82 1M

Comment

But what about the lag when going from reverse to neutral to first? That's the main reason I want to try a gts dct tune (not crt)
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                        But what about the lag when going from reverse to neutral to first? That's the main reason I want to try a gts dct tune (not crt)
                        That's the reason I had flashed the CRT tune in the first place. Bit too much delay there and also clutch slip upon engagement from a stop with whatever was the original software (did not check what #). FWIW I also did a full reset/relearn/readapt at the same time so I'm not sure how much that helped vs the software alone. What I can say is that it's now super smooth and still quite quick and sharp. Super happy personally but YMMV I guess.

Touring (S62 6MT)
                        2011 Alpine White E82 1M

Comment

Ok thanks I'll keep researching but perhaps that file could be an improvement enough it sounds like

Comment

All you need is WinKFP with the E89 daten files, then you can try them all and see which suits you best
                            From my notes,

7848442 - CRT

7845773 - GTS

7847868 - Euro

7847869 - US

Touring (S62 6MT)
                            2011 Alpine White E82 1M

Comment

I was able to get a hold of the pretty newish v69 daten files (we specifically want e89 folder) despite most download links being dead these days. Here's the process for anyone else who's interested, though this info can be found on other sites with a quick search:

Instructions on GTS Tune
                              -Make sure your battery is good if not get a battery charge
                              -Open drivers door and turn ignition ON (cluster guage on)
                              -connect cable to obd connector of car
                              -Load Winkpf software
                              -Press (F1) comfort mode
                              -Press (F3) Update ZUSB
                              -Choose ECU GS40
                              -Press (F2) Choose ZUSB
                              -Choose ECU GS40 and next to it there will be ZB-Numbers..Find 7845773
                              -Click ok
                              -If you have done it correctly so far you will see at the top Assembly Identification number 7845773 (M3 GTS assembly line file) and it will automatically reference the software 7845773
                              -Press (F4) Enter VIN ( make sure you double check you have entered the correct VIN numbers)
                              -click ok
                              -Press DONE (F8)
                              -Press (F3) Program
                              -Pop up window will say you can code the ECU 63 more times, click ok
                              -Flashing begins and you will have to wait till it reaches 100%
                              -once it reaches 100% it will pop up again saying you have 62 more times to program the ECU, click ok
                              -Programming again starts, wait until this reaches 100%*
                              -If everything is done correctly, then you will get a pop up screen saying programming done, click ok

Of course you need a good kdcan cable, power back up and correct settings for the cable and winkfp

Here's the link to reddit page where someone pasted links for download of daten and other important files:
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/E90/comments/z2rdoy/gdrive_links_to_bmw_software/?share_id=nRe4caYDJL6n_5Adnj7zA&utm_content=1&utm_ medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_source= share&utm_term=1​

I think I'll try GTS 773 first, but if it's too brutal, then I'll go "back down" to the 869 u.s.

Comment

There's actually a DIY here on the forums ahah https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/e...-gts-dct-flash

To anyone else reading this who wants to give this a try, you'll also need to figure how to setup WinKFP and import the files. Google "winkfp import daten" should be all you need.

Anyways, curious to hear your thoughts!

Touring (S62 6MT)
                                2011 Alpine White E82 1M

Comment

Working...
                                X