Fuel sender unit leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel sender unit leak

Hi There - Just wanted to document this in the forum, the sender unit has developed a crack and is leaking out some fuel that ultimately sits at the top of the unit. I've already ordered a replacement unit and in the meantime i put some JB Weld to prevent fuel coming out, unsure how long it will last but its a temp solution until the new unit arrives.

I will also try to replace the cap of the old unit with that of the regular 3 series (i think it should work) in an attempt to find a more cost effective solution to the oem pump, there is nothing wrong with the current unit aside from the crack it developed by using cheap plastic, ive done this before on my e46 when i replaced the oem pump with the radium engineering stock pump kit.

Best,
    Irhase46m3

Thank for posting.

How did you come across this initially? Fuel smell?
    2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
    Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
    Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
      Thank for posting.

How did you come across this initially? Fuel smell?
      Yes, having dealt with fuel issues with the e46 in the past, there was a faint woof of fuel smell by the driver rear wheel, i knew there was a tiny leak somewhere. Started tracing from the engine working my way to the tank. No smell from within the cabin though

Comment

Working...
      X