Need feedback on suspension bushing upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SYT_Shadow View Post

I think the difference is the e9X monoballs do 0 for nvh but the fcabs of the e46 tend to. Maybe by now some don't, but in the e9x none do
    The e9X monoballs use an OE BMW monoball, which is NHV isolated by nylon. MOST of the e46 monoball FCABs just use a straight metal on metal monoballs, which do, indeed, transmit a bunch of NHV... but the ones I linked to (Turners) are sealed and nylon isolated, so minimal NHV add, like the e9X ones.
    (e39 M5 has e9X suspension design and I'm running a BMW monoball in that location on it, so have experienced this first hand in my own car)

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

The e9X monoballs use an OE BMW monoball, which is NHV isolated by nylon. MOST of the e46 monoball FCABs just use a straight metal on metal monoballs, which do, indeed, transmit a bunch of NHV... but the ones I linked to (Turners) are sealed and nylon isolated, so minimal NHV add, like the e9X ones.
      (e39 M5 has e9X suspension design and I'm running a BMW monoball in that location on it, so have experienced this first hand in my own car)
      FWIW, Dinan does say their E9x front monoball is nylon-lined, but BW, GAS, TMS, and Syncro Design Works (likely choice because sold by FCP) don't.
      Last edited by IamFODI; 06-22-2020, 05:40 AM.
      2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
      Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
      Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
        FWIW, Dinan does say their E9x front monoball is nylon-lined, but BW, GAS, TMS, and Syncro Design Works (likely choice because sold by FCP) don't.
        At least GAS and SDW use OEM BMW monoballs, which are all nylon lined.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

David @ SDW said by phone that their bearings for this part are not BMW but they are lined.
          2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
          Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
          Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Working...
          X