Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any limits to number of times you can flash a MSS6x ecu?

Comment

Originally posted by tdott View Post
      Are there any limits to number of times you can flash a MSS6x ecu?
      There's a limited number of UIF writes, but that doesn't apply here. Otherwise it's just the physical limits of the flash itself (which will be on the order of 100k writes)

Comment

i have a problem with mss65

that happens when i make flash

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Did you figure it out? In the posts above with my mss60, I had to reflash the ECU in WinKFP. I've not yet re-attempted flashing (RSA Bypass) on version 1.0.0.3 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I need more information. What steps did you take, what cable do you have, are you using the latest version?

Comment

Hello , first of all thank you for this amazing app, i was able to read full data out of my damaged mss60 . Question , if i write this full data to other dme with same part number will it be full clone of my dme ?

Comment

Originally posted by jamam5 View Post
                Hello , first of all thank you for this amazing app, i was able to read full data out of my damaged mss60 . Question , if i write this full data to other dme with same part number will it be full clone of my dme ?
                No the truly individual data is untouched. It's just the program that would be rewritten. You'd need a BDM tool to do the rest.

Comment

BDM unfortunatly dont read one of the MPC . as i know its locked by BMW

Comment

Read full from MSS60 , and tried to write same tune file ( not modified) and had error. Anything i did wrong ?

Comment

All good ! on second try everything went ok. i was able to write tuned file with no problem . Thank you for this tool!

Comment

Hi, I see this question has been asked before (but as far as I can find hasn't been answered).

This seems like a great tool! I'm wondering if it's possible to use an ICOM instead of a K+DCAN cable (I have both but my K+DCAN cable is from one stop electronics).

Since normally flashing an ICOM with WinKFP etc. is considered to be safer... I would prefer this option if recommended. Do you have any experience with using an ICOM with your tool? And with your latest update the "Port setting" in the config file should be changed, right?

Comment

Originally posted by TNLB7 View Post
                          Hi, I see this question has been asked before (but as far as I can find hasn't been answered).

This seems like a great tool! I'm wondering if it's possible to use an ICOM instead of a K+DCAN cable (I have both but my K+DCAN cable is from one stop electronics).

Since normally flashing an ICOM with WinKFP etc. is considered to be safer... I would prefer this option if recommended. Do you have any experience with using an ICOM with your tool? And with your latest update the "Port setting" in the config file should be changed, right?
                          Unfortunately no ICOM support since EdiabasLib doesn't support ICOM.

You should be able to leave the port setting alone unless you have multiple FTDI devices connected at the same time.

Comment

A big compliment to Terra

Comment

Originally posted by jumper View Post
                              A big compliment to Terra
                              For the less inclined, what is this showing?
                              Is it a modified file being flashed with WinKFP?
                              Was this after using a backup from MSSFlasher?

Comment

THX Terra work great

Comment

Working...
                                X