Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E85 Tune - Burbles required?

Got an E85 tune for my S65B40.

I didn't ask for burbles but it came with it, if I let off above 6k rpm, it will burble until around 5k rpm.
    This is a video of it:

I am not a huge fan of the burbles and asked the tuner about it, this is what he said:
    • "E85 requires release of fuel since 30% more fuel is being pumped into the cylinders, if you like me to take off the release of fuel (small burble noises) feature sure no problem, but can cause problems."

That didn't really make sense to me why removing it would cause problems, so I asked for a more in depth explanation on how burbles are good for the engine and received the below:
    • "You have to empty the cylinders. E85 requires 30% more fuel to be injected to run. I can remove the burbles If you like it’s no problem, just request E85 map and put “no burbles” "

From a tuning perspective does this make any sense?

Originally posted by tdott View Post
    Got an E85 tune for my S65B40.

I didn't ask for burbles but it came with it, if I let off above 6k rpm, it will burble until around 5k rpm.
    This is a video of it:

I am not a huge fan of the burbles and asked the tuner about it, this is what he said:
    • "E85 requires release of fuel since 30% more fuel is being pumped into the cylinders, if you like me to take off the release of fuel (small burble noises) feature sure no problem, but can cause problems."

That didn't really make sense to me why removing it would cause problems, so I asked for a more in depth explanation on how burbles are good for the engine and received the below:
    • "You have to empty the cylinders. E85 requires 30% more fuel to be injected to run. I can remove the burbles If you like it’s no problem, just request E85 map and put “no burbles” "

From a tuning perspective does this make any sense?
    This makes zero sense. The burble is achieved by delaying fuel ignition cut on the overrun (keeping injectors activated) and reducing ignition timing so that the fuel injected is burnt in the exhaust ports rather than the cylinders. This is done on purpose, there is no relation to running e85 and pops and burbles lol. I think you're being taken for ride you shouldn't accept that. The fact that you have to inject more fuel has absolutely nothing to do with this whatsoever.
    385.7whp 288.8 wtq :
    -CSL airbox ( custom)
    -280 272 Cat cams
    -Custom SSV2, modified for a bigger collector
    -Custom Section 1 2 and 3: oversized to 2.5 inch and en E9xM Xpipe
    -TMS pullies
    -Electric Fan
    -HTE performance Tune :P

PM for performance Tunes

IG: https://www.instagram.com/hte_performance_tuning/

Comment

Yeah, that does sound really weird. Burbles aren't "good" for an engine, since it's combustion happening outside of the actual combustion chamber or at the incorrect time. If you still have CATs, i'd try to get rid of the Burble ASAP cause you'll blow those out pretty quick. Worst case clogging everything up.

I'd have Hassan take a look at it if you get a chance. He's done a ton of work for us track guys and we've been nothing but happy with him (Although he still owes me an airbox) :P

Comment

Originally posted by PenguinScotty View Post
        I'd have Hassan take a look at it if you get a chance. He's done a ton of work for us track guys and we've been nothing but happy with him (Although he still owes me an airbox) :P
        Is it HassanEido you were referring to? Not sure if he is familiar with the S65 DME (MSS60).
        Last edited by tdott; 04-03-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

IamFODI can you move this to e9x tuning section? Thanks.

Comment

Done. Thanks, tdott.
            2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
            Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
            Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Which "tuner" is this?
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Which "tuner" is this?
                Look at my headers thread.

Comment

If someone interest in I can help you with burbles in S85 / S65, for the moment only for manual Gearbox because with DKG in M3 there was some strange issues in driving (jerks...) .
                  For SMG in M5 / M6 works well.

Comment

Originally posted by CF-CarParts Motorsport View Post
                    If someone interest in I can help you with burbles in S85 / S65, for the moment only for manual Gearbox because with DKG in M3 there was some strange issues in driving (jerks...) .
                    For SMG in M5 / M6 works well.
                    I can help you test for science if you need. I do not like the typical burbles I have heard on these cars.

My other car is a 6MT car with stock ECU tuning.

I am more interested in the f-type or N/A Porsche type of burbles, not the popcorn, pops and bangs on these cars or BMW turbo cars.

Comment

Hi, for manual I can do it , only with DKG there are jerking problems for this moment... because havent enough time for testing more.

Comment

Originally posted by CF-CarParts Motorsport View Post
                        Hi, for manual I can do it , only with DKG there are jerking problems for this moment... because havent enough time for testing more.
                        My 6MT car still has secondary cats in place. The primaries are deleted with Test Pipes, will that cause issues?
                        My DCT car is fully catless but I have a locked tune from a vendor.

Comment

Precat delete is fine enough for burbles. Primary cats mostly be present, for this stage of testing wasn't a problem at all until now.

Comment

Working...
                          X