Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the current best tune options for 288 280 Cams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the current best tune options for 288 280 Cams?

I just finished my engine rebuild with 288 280 cams and I'm looking around for what options I have for a tune. I currently have an Evolve tune and contacted them and they are able to update my tune to a cams tune for $300. Does anyone have experience with the Evolve Cams tune?

Mods are:
    288 280
    Evolve Airbox
    Fabspeed Headers \ SGT Resonated Sec1 \ Stock Sec2 \ SGT SCZA Sec3

What are the current top tier options for cams tunes for these cars? I would like a dyno tune but I'm in Seattle and I haven't found and places that seem to have a lot of experience tuning cams on these cars here.

Recommendations appreciated!

Paul or Hassan

And you'll need to find a dyno with the com link if you want a good tune.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      Paul or Hassan

And you'll need to find a dyno with the com link if you want a good tune.
      I always wondered what a remote tune entails as far as required "connections". I assumed the tuner would use TeamViewer or the like and you would have to have a laptop with Tunerpro etc. that they would take over and do their thing.

Am I way off here?
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Hit up Randy at Epic. He's the OG of all e46 tuning.

And yes, regarding remote tuning, you need to have the laptop that's connected to the dyno have the team viewer installed so Randy can see the readings live and same thing for the laptop that has the connection via OBD2 port to the car so he can flash the tune onto the car.
        2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
        2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

I'll second Randy at EPIC Tuning. He's done a great job for my race car. He could even tell me the "choke point" that was my previous intake before I swapped to a Dinan intake.

Feff
          MVP Track Time

Comment

I second Hassan (HTE Tuning)

Comment

Guess I'll start calling around and see what dyno places are able to support remote tuning. Any specific type of dyno I should be looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by chapmans View Post
                Guess I'll start calling around and see what dyno places are able to support remote tuning. Any specific type of dyno I should be looking for?
                Dynojet or bust.
                2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
                2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by chapmans View Post
                  You'd be surprised with what Paul (http://www.pcstuning.co.uk/) could do with his pre-calibrated tune for that setup. No dyno needed and lower cost. He has already spent many hours on the dyno calibrating his track car which runs essentially the same setup with the 288s.
                  Last edited by Slideways; 04-22-2021, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Paul Claude or Hassan. They're the best.
                    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

With Paul I did not need to connect or integrate with dyno computer. I simply took a photo of the dyno plot (inclusive of AFRs) after each run and sent back to Paul on the spot. He likes to use FB messenger and that's the best way to get into touch with him.

Of course, you will need to bring your laptop with flashing software and other diagnostics (if needed) as well as TeamViewer. Which gets connected to your vehicle. You can pre-test connection with Paul before heading to the dyno so you know everything is ready to go.

That whole arrangement worked pretty well and maximized dyno time.

PCS Tuning, Stornoway, Eilean Siar, United Kingdom. 1,009 likes · 5 were here. 2WD Rolling Road Dyno - Engine Tuning, Remapping and Diagnostic services.

'05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

HTE all the way

Comment

I tried epic tune and it’s was the best for me but now I am hearing good things about hassan too

Comment

Hassan all day. He's the only person who has tuned an airbox car that can be FLOORED at 2k rpm and not buck. Obviously that's not the point of these cars, but this was to prove a point that the AFRs have be dialed in to drive like a stock car with considerably more power. He will be tuning my car when my motor build is done.
                            2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                            2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
                              Hassan all day. He's the only person who has tuned an airbox car that can be FLOORED at 2k rpm and not buck. Obviously that's not the point of these cars, but this was to prove a point that the AFRs have be dialed in to drive like a stock car with considerably more power. He will be tuning my car when my motor build is done.
                              throw in a wideband (Header not exhaust tip mounted WB) and every tuner with some s54 experience should be able to fix the low rpm bucking with airbox w/o flap.

But from dyno charts and reading forum member experience, HTE seams to be „the guy“ for remote dyno tunes!
                              …under construction.

Comment

Working...
                              X