Brey Krause Nogaro brackets don’t fit the seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brey Krause Nogaro brackets don’t fit the seats

Anyone else have as much trouble as I am having with these things? The seat holes in the brackets are like a sixteenth of an inch or less too long, but it’s enough that the bolts won’t go in straight on both sides. It is measurable with a tape measure at least. I can get one hole or the other in and then the other gets stuck .. worried I’m going to strip out the seats. Is it safe to drill these bracket holes out a little?

I also had to file down the stupid rail to bracket bolts to get around the original studs .. not the happiest with these brackets right now.
    Last edited by repoman89; 04-23-2021, 08:07 PM.

Spoiler alert: the seat is the problem, not the bracket. The other seat went on the same bracket perfectly fine. I ended up elongating the holes on the bracket a little with a titanium drill bit. Disappointing QC from Cobra.

Comment

Assuming you bought them from HMS, maybe reach out to them?
      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
        Assuming you bought them from HMS, maybe reach out to them?
        I’m going to next time I stop in. They’re going in the car for now though. Seems really tight once torqued down even with a little material shaved off the bracket. I’ve had these uninstalled for like a year at this point too.

Comment

I just got the brackets and same issue. Did same as you to make it fit.
          06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Sigh, waiting on mine. Will post here when they come, although install wont be for a while with winter upon us. gdi
            2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT
            M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/CatCams 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Not nogaros, but I was a little disappointed by the BK brackets for my PP ABE's. Had the same clearance issue with the factory stud and the bolt for the brackets. Although I didn't file it I just put the nut on and tightened it through to get it to fit. The manual lever also doesn't clear the slider and I'll have to file it down so it doesn't scrape when sliding the seat back and forth. For what they are and how much they cost I was hoping for a pretty seamless product but It just felt like another aftermarket part that took some massaging. I have heard of a German manufacturer who makes something very similar (bracket that fits to the factory slider) for significantly cheaper and looks to be better quality than BK with a less ugly manual release handle imo. Might have to order one and see how it compares.

Comment

What's the reason these brackets are this forum's love?
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Let me reiterate that it was actually the Cobra seats in the end that had their bolt sockets installed at the wrong distances in my case. One seat fit both brackets perfectly, the other didn’t. It was still annoying having to grind down the flange on a couple of the included bolts though to get it to fit inside the stock sliders. The whole setup has been very nice and a worthwhile upgrade regardless of the install issues. I blame Cobra more than BK though .. grinding bolt flanges is easy and non-invasive, having the seats drilled incorrectly is more problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                    What's the reason these brackets are this forum's love?
                    Well they make a nogaro specific bracket that works with factory slider so that's pretty cool and not offered anywhere else.
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Well they make a nogaro specific bracket that works with factory slider so that's pretty cool and not offered anywhere else.
                      So you don't have to purchase the cobra sliders?
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

You do have to get the extra handle/release in order to use the factory slider, however, which increases the cost a bit, but it's worth it IMO. I love my setup.
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

So you don't have to purchase the cobra sliders?
                          Cobra sliders, some sort of floor adapter, and some sort of seatbelt mounting system, all for a slider that has ~1/3 the travel of the stock one... and you can mount the belts to the stock sliders (unlike any aftermarket sliders), so they stay properly located to the seat in more than one seat position. And aftermarket sliders tend to get noisy over time.

Vs side mounts that attach to the factory sliders (plus a slider release handle if you use factory manual sliders, or a switch if you use the factory power sliders), and reusing factory seat belt mounts.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Cobra sliders, some sort of floor adapter, and some sort of seatbelt mounting system, all for a slider that has ~1/3 the travel of the stock one... and you can mount the belts to the stock sliders (unlike any aftermarket sliders), so they stay properly located to the seat in more than one seat position. And aftermarket sliders tend to get noisy over time.

Vs side mounts that attach to the factory sliders (plus a slider release handle if you use factory manual sliders, or a switch if you use the factory power sliders), and reusing factory seat belt mounts.
                            Although I'm getting PPs, good synopsis nonetheless.

Comment

Although I'm getting PPs, good synopsis nonetheless.
                              The same company makes the sliders for Recaro and cobra, though the Recaro version is slightly longer (another inch or so of travel).

There are more generic BK mounts that you can use with the PPs (still with the factory sliders).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i
                              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X