Lets see your e46 m3 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santino View Post

Actually ive got a air channel designed and 3d printed so no carbon fiber, but bassicaly psd kit was my inspiration
    Can you share the STL file ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post

Looks good, what’s done to it ? (TiAg)

Too much. There’s a link to the journal for it in my signature.
      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-04-25 14.05.35.jpg
Views:	1015
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	171333

2004 Dinan S3-R 6MT
        Cloth Interior
        Ohlins R&T
        ZCP Steering Rack
        52K Miles
        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

Is that second pic at CMP?
          Yep. I was there in May. Hitting Road Atlanta and VIR later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Long time no see
            Likewise 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-04-25 14.05.35.jpg
Views:	1015
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	171333

2004 Dinan S3-R 6MT
              Cloth Interior
              Ohlins R&T
              ZCP Steering Rack
              52K Miles
              That is a sweet ride! Low miles too

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post

Can you give a partial build breakdown ? Just picked up an m3 myself and your build is something I am striving for.

Thank you. I lost my original build journal when M3F got taken down, but am in the process of piecing together another one for here.

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Under the hood is an injen intake, top speed headers, and hard poly tranny bushings.
                LOL don't forget the turbine air intake gas saving supercharger I have stuffed inside my intake elbow. Made out of aluminum of course to save weight.
                Rich | 2001 E46 M3 | Alpinweiss & Imolarot | 6MT

Comment

So I realize the whole smoked lenses is a thing of the past and I did the matte kidneys, side grills, corners and side markers when I was much younger. Opinions on going back to clear or amber markers? Amber would probably look out of place in my opinion. What about the grills? To me I’ve always like the contrast because of the black soft top, chrome just seems so out of place. Have all my original parts so to swap is easy

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JaredU View Post
                    So I realize the whole smoked lenses is a thing of the past and I did the matte kidneys, side grills, corners and side markers when I was much younger. Opinions on going back to clear or amber markers? Amber would probably look out of place in my opinion. What about the grills? To me I’ve always like the contrast because of the black soft top, chrome just seems so out of place. Have all my original parts so to swap is easy
                    I'd say to start swapping, experiment with different combinations, and find the combo that suits your current taste. There a lot's of opinions that will float around but in the end it's mostly subjective until you get into the mechanical bits.

Since you asked, I'd start with clears, black side grills, black kidneys, and then swap over to ambers and run it for a while. Might grow on you.

Comment

Originally posted by JaredU View Post
                      I like matte black kidneys and side vents on my TiAg. Chrome on silver paint is too much, like you said.

That said, I went from smoked side markers to OEM and really liked the result.

Amber is kind of silly imo. Someone here put it better once "I guess everyone has to go through their e46fanatics phase"
                      2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
                      ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Originally posted by ELEM3NT View Post

I'd say to start swapping, experiment with different combinations, and find the combo that suits your current taste. There a lot's of opinions that will float around but in the end it's mostly subjective until you get into the mechanical bits.

Since you asked, I'd start with clears, black side grills, black kidneys, and then swap over to ambers and run it for a while. Might grow on you.
                        I guess I’ve always just found that smoked corners look like an extension of the headlight itself, makes it look more like one piece. I think ambers would be out of place on tiag, I like them on darker colored cars though.

Maybe I’ll swap out tomorrow and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Thonas View Post
                          2003 Ti Silver
                          What wheels are those ?

Comment

Everyone always goes from OEM to blacked out corners grills etc, and then back to the OEM light side. It's the natural hotboi progression

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post

I like matte black kidneys and side vents on my TiAg. Chrome on silver paint is too much, like you said.

That said, I went from smoked side markers to OEM and really liked the result.

Amber is kind of silly imo. Someone here put it better once "I guess everyone has to go through their e46fanatics phase"
                              I think I’ll keep black grilles, I have no chrome anywhere on my car, and like I said, with a giant black fabric roof, I find the contrast works.

Probably going to put back the original clear corners and side markers tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
                                Everyone always goes from OEM to blacked out corners grills etc, and then back to the OEM light side. It's the natural hotboi progression
                                I would usually always agree, but I just find with Tiag only clears and chrome is too “bright”… then if you have carbon fiber or darker wheels like I do, nothing matches. Theres no contrast, especially with a Vert… there’s gotta be a happy median somewhere
                                Last edited by JaredU; 06-10-2022, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X