Lets see your e46 m3 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sd561 View Post
    Hi all, heres my Individual-spec'd 2006 in Black Sapphire Metallic (CSL only color). Web says it's 1/7 in NA. Picked her up in LA and drove 2,650 miles coast to coast to her new home in NC.

20 year lurker on here/M3F - much love to this community - don't let the dream die!
    Excellent and beautiful spec

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hiddenvalley2023 (38).jpg
Views:	333
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	245863 ..
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Winter driveClick image for larger version

Name:	FEBD7EE3-FECA-4413-95C0-BC702ACF5C8A.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	245873
        Attached Files

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Repainted my BBS GT4 / RE1598 (original wheel design the EC-7 was based on) silver. No more black wheels. Also celebrating 11 years with my M3! Still love this car as much as the day I got it.

Name:	IMG_6058.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	257347

Name:	IMG_6048.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	257348

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post
              Repainted my BBS GT4 / RE1598 (original wheel design the EC-7 was based on) silver. No more black wheels. Also celebrating 11 years with my M3! Still love this car as much as the day I got it.

Looks better with the BBS silver
              2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Looks great! The more I see CSL bumpers these days, the more tempted I am to buy a MEC CSL bumper.

I’ll be at 11 years in June too!
                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

Looks great! The more I see CSL bumpers these days, the more tempted I am to buy a MEC CSL bumper.

I’ll be at 11 years in June too!
                  Do it 😎 but don't be a dummy like me and sell your OEM bumper after. Totally regret doing that.

Comment

mmmmm that alpine is sexy.

Wheels are cool, too bad they don't fit. But the rest of the car is amazing.

Makes we want to go back to amber corner bulbs.
                    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                      mmmmm that alpine is sexy.

Wheels are cool, too bad they don't fit. But the rest of the car is amazing.

Makes we want to go back to amber corner bulbs.
                      Thanks - and you mean aesthetically or functionally? Because 18x10 265/35/18 and no rubbing lock to lock lol. Popular track size (most Ring tools run this size) and dudes running E88s or TE37s run the same or even wider usually.

Name:	5234E304-922D-4A28-81D0-9CEEF5587A21.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	257464
                      Last edited by shibui; 03-14-2024, 08:23 AM.

Comment

lol, didn't mean to offend, I just think 10" wide wheels are too big for these cars. At least you aren't running stretched tires.

The pic you just posted looks a lot better, but in this pic you can really see the amount of camber you had to dial in.

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                          lol, didn't mean to offend, I just think 10" wide wheels are too big for these cars. At least you aren't running stretched tires.

The pic you just posted looks a lot better, but in this pic you can really see the amount of camber you had to dial in.

lol none taken. Honestly I don't care if people dislike how they look or their aesthestic, but I just don't want to be thought of that guy that puts 11 or 12 inch wide wheels on an E46 M3 and has rubbing problems everywhere 🤣

Probably my camera lens or some photo editing at play there that makes the camber look more than it is haha

Comment

lol none taken. Honestly I don't care if people dislike how they look or their aesthestic, but I just don't want to be thought of that guy that puts 11 or 12 inch wide wheels on an E46 M3 and has rubbing problems everywhere 🤣

Probably my camera lens or some photo editing at play there that makes the camber look more than it is haha
                            I like the GT4s, but when I see an E46 rolling down the freeway with aggressive offset and camber, it visually looks like something is broken in the front suspension. Also, the more the tire sticks out past the fender, the more rocks get thrown at the side mirrors, side of the car and rear fenders.
                            Last edited by Slideways; 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

You can get BBS RE GT4 in 18x9.5 et25 too but still agressive
                              2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Thanks - and you mean aesthetically or functionally? Because 18x10 265/35/18 and no rubbing lock to lock lol. Popular track size (most Ring tools run this size) and dudes running E88s or TE37s run the same or even wider usually.
                                There are a bunch of people on this forum that have their panties in a bunch about wheel width and what "fits" according to their decade-old preconceptions, just ignore them. 18x10 with a 265 is an optimum size, both functionally and aesthetically. Due to the suspension design, these cars need a lot of negative camber up front, especially with a sticky tire and/or if you're tracking. I get perfectly even tire wear at + or - -3.5* up front and no rubbing with 265 on a 10.5. Just keep doing you, the car looks splendid.

Comment

Working...
                                X