Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd gear whine

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you guys could shed some light on my situation. My 3rd gear whines on acceleration at high rpms 5k and above. It does it in some gears but its very subtle. However, in 3rd, it is quite loud. aftermarket mods: autosolutions ssk, solid subframe bushings. all other bushings are stock.

Thanks!

Any chance you could get a recording?
    E46 M3 Coupe - 09/04 Production, 103k miles, Black/Black, 6MT swap, AS 0% kit, BBS RG-R + AS4’s, CSL flash, Karbonius airbox, Euro header + Section 1, Koni Yellow, Xtrons, SAP Delete, lockdowns complete

Comment

3rd is about in the middle between the front and rear bearings, and so it does not put a particular heavy load on the bearings. This issue seems to be more specific to this 3rd gear set the way they meshed. Check oil level to verify it's not too low.

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
        3rd is about in the middle between the front and rear bearings, and so it does not put a particular heavy load on the bearings. This issue seems to be more specific to this 3rd gear set the way they meshed. Check oil level to verify it's not too low.
        I will flush the fluid and refill. I appreciate the input

Comment

Working...
        X