Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size spacers should I run on OEM Style 67's (19")?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Were you running spacers here?

I've been following along here because being a bit of a wheel noob, my initial thought was "why would you ever run spacers on forged stock wheels?!" I've always thought the forged polished 19" Style 67s were the only way to go on this car. I'm taking it the answer is "stance" in some sense of the word, perhaps to have the wheel and tire drop straight down from the flared hips. OK, I can roll with that. Hence the idea of squared, which I like for the handling improvement (if any) + tire rotation (makes life easier).

So I'm wondering what a "pure" square fitment, with 255 or 265 all around (no spacers) looks and feels like. I'm not into spacers as a matter of policy -- to me it seems like wearing 3 pairs of socks because your shoes don't fit. I'll take "fitment" over "stance" every day of the week and twice on Sunday

So I guess I'm wondering does "square no spacers" really work? Thoughts? I'm due for new tires and need to re-finish my polished wheels anyway, so I may as well get it all right in one step. Thanks, Gents.

maw
    You’re asking if square works with no spacers? Yes. But it’ll look even weirder with the rears so sunk compared to the fronts. If you don’t like spacers then buy aftermarket wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by ELEM3NT View Post
      I'd sell the fronts and go square if I was going to run 67's.
      I would run square I did and loved it. I think I had 12mm spacers in the rear. I have squared zcp

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post

You’re asking if square works with no spacers? Yes. But it’ll look even weirder with the rears so sunk compared to the fronts. If you don’t like spacers then buy aftermarket wheels.
        Got it. I’m straight, on square, spacers and aftermarket wheels.

maw

Comment

Got it. I’m straight, on square, spacers and aftermarket wheels.

maw
          Understandable. I don't like looking at my wheels being so far sunk into the wheel well but to each their own.
          2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Installed the 15 fronts and 12 rears over the weekend and they look great. 12mm was perfect for the rear and it sits perfectly flush now. The fronts could have honestly done with a 17mm or 18mm as it's not perfectly flush. However, I have absolutely zero rubbing right now so I'm gonna leave it how it is. Absolutely changed the look of the car

I cracked my fog light the other day and it looks super janky now

Click image for larger version

Name:	64280938049__D1100369-D1A4-465C-B332-EF60B30BD32D.JPG
Views:	745
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	105301 Click image for larger version

Name:	64280935994__E5880518-C541-433D-80EA-6C96F318FB42.JPG
Views:	746
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	105302

Comment

Were you running spacers here?

I've been following along here because being a bit of a wheel noob, my initial thought was "why would you ever run spacers on forged stock wheels?!" I've always thought the forged polished 19" Style 67s were the only way to go on this car. I'm taking it the answer is "stance" in some sense of the word, perhaps to have the wheel and tire drop straight down from the flared hips. OK, I can roll with that. Hence the idea of squared, which I like for the handling improvement (if any) + tire rotation (makes life easier).

So I'm wondering what a "pure" square fitment, with 255 or 265 all around (no spacers) looks and feels like. I'm not into spacers as a matter of policy -- to me it seems like wearing 3 pairs of socks because your shoes don't fit. I'll take "fitment" over "stance" every day of the week and twice on Sunday

So I guess I'm wondering does "square no spacers" really work? Thoughts? I'm due for new tires and need to re-finish my polished wheels anyway, so I may as well get it all right in one step. Thanks, Gents.

maw
              It's gonna look dumb and like the rear is sunken in. Also just to mention, the style 67 19s are indeed forged, but they weigh like 27lbs each. Clean ones do look good though.
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Yeah I can see the reason for the look. All of my cars have flared wheel wells and two look great in a square wide fitment. The other two are staggered, and some even run square setups on the S55. I've always wondered why though (besides rotation), which is why I asked here. Good education, and now I know how if I decide to do it. So far, I've been happy with the way the engineers designed it, even if the front wheels have a different concavity, which I've also wondered why.

Cheers,

maw

Comment

Did you have any rub in the rear with 12 mm and lowered?

Comment

I have only ever rubbed when I was moving and had a couple of hundred lbs in the trunk, and it was still only on speed bumps and stuff like that

Comment

Working...
                    X