Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Ohlins R&T for Convertible

Hey everyone,

I’ve searched here and through google and can’t find an answer to my question.

I just ordered a set of Ohlins R&T for my 2005 vert along with all new rsm’s plates, top mounts bearings etc.

I was assured by Turner they were compatible with verts, but I’m looking at this rear shock, and I really dont think the adjustment portion will fit in the little space available in the convertible top hatch.

Anyone running these on a vert? I was super excited to get them, but now I’m having my doubts and would rather return them before starting the install if they won’t work.

Thanks for any help,
    Jared

Just don't stick the knobs on and it should be fine. The knobs exist to adjust them through the fender liners on the coupe, but you don't have to deal with that.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Thanks, I hope you’re right. The adjustment portion still look too tall even without the knob attached for what little space there is.

Hope they work out as the car currently has crappy ST coilovers on it from 5-6 years ago, absolute garbage.

Guess I’ll find out in a week or so when the car goes in for install and set up

Jared

Comment

Damn dude, those knobs are tall af. My BC Racing coilovers have adjustable knobs and they’re like a third of the size on the Ohlins.

Comment

Like Obioban said, the big black adjuster and “cord” don’t need to be installed to adjust dampening... it’s just an extender, but instill feel like it will be too tall without it looking at other setups, they look much shorter.

Comment

For future reference if any convertible guys are searching for this answer, the rear shocks do not fit without modification. Even without the adjustment extender knob, they are about an inch to tall. My only option was to open up a hole for the adjuster in between the two access holes for the RSM for the adjuster to go through in the vert top storage area, doesnt interfere with the roof at all.

Comment

Working...
            X