Creaky door armrest/cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creaky door armrest/cards

How do I fix my creaky door cards. Very annoying rattle/creak...

I plan to buy all new clips for the door cards, a new regulator for the driver side window, and some sticky pads.
    The sticky pads will be cut to 1/2" to 1" squares. They should be 2mm or less in thickness and compressible.
    these will be placed wherever I see witness marks from the door card rubbing on the door.
    I also intend to place pads over the holes that the clips use to hook to the door.
    The clips will pierce the pads and hopefully cut the squeaking.
    I also notice that the arm rest is made of three materials and also squeaks between the aluminum trim and the plastic arm rest.
    Last edited by FBloggs; 05-09-2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

There is felt tape that runs along the door card edge. I removed the old felt tape and installed new felt tape on both cards and this made opening and closing a bit quieter.
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
      X