Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front center jack point

Hi guys,

Anyone use the front center jack point? (Plastic puck) I don’t wanna damage the reinforcement plate and was wondering if people jack there on the regular

Thanks, E46Envyy

All the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey, that is what you should mainly be using unless you have a lift that can evenly lift all 4 corner pads. The corner pads lifted individually can not support the weight of the car. Only the front jackpad and rear jacking point by the diff can.
      Last edited by e46mpwrd; 05-17-2021, 06:55 AM.
      '06 IB/BLK 6SPD PN66072

Comment

That's your factory center front lift point, don't be afraid to use it! Gets your front end off the ground in one shot.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

i still put a puck on the jack as well. But yeah, use it all the time.

Comment

All the time. The front subframe is right under that point, so it's pretty much one of the strongest locations on the car.

Comment

Yup

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah that's the best spot. I still use a hockey puck between the jack and the jack point.

Comment

Yep, its a bit cumbersome to jack the car but I always use that spot

Comment

Yep. I lift from the front centre jack point then place axle stands under the front 2 stand points with rubber pucks

Comment

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but yeah, it's the intended jack point lol

Comment

Thanks everyone for pitching in, greatly appreciated it! I'll definitely be using the center jack point.

Cheers, E46Envyy

Comment

Working...
                        X