Maximum power with stock exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum power with stock exhaust?

Anyone have an idea how much power one can get from the S54 with the stock exhaust?

Jesse
    Old, not obsolete.

Originally posted by D-O View Post
    Anyone have an idea how much power one can get from the S54 with the stock exhaust?

Jesse
    hmmm Can you be more specific? For instance, you could run a supercharger with your stock exhaust and be pushing numbers around 500hp- but I don't think thats what you're asking
    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post

hmmm Can you be more specific? For instance, you could run a supercharger with your stock exhaust and be pushing numbers around 500hp- but I don't think thats what you're asking
      Good point. It will stay naturally aspirated.

Jesse
      Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Which parts stock, all sections? CSL headers and euro cats are "stock".

If you did cams and airbox/tune, but no exhaust mods, with stock u.s. headers, I'd guess you'd get to like ~320whp. You could also do zero mods except stepped headers/sect 1/tune and get to 320whp as well I believe.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          Which parts stock, all sections? CSL headers and euro cats are "stock".

If you did cams and airbox/tune, but no exhaust mods, with stock u.s. headers, I'd guess you'd get to like ~320whp. You could also do zero mods except stepped headers/sect 1/tune and get to 320whp as well I believe.
          Interesting. Your average bone stock E46 M3 makes something like 270whp? If so, I would not have guessed that a front to back SS V1 system would net you 50whp. Seems the current SS GB and a tune will get me farther than I thought.

Maybe I should have asked if their is anything to gained with any mods while retaining the stock exhaust. My previous engine mod experience is limited to old American muscle. The exhaust systems on those cars were so bad that it had to be addressed first if you wanted any gains from cam, intake, etc. I guess I want to know if these cars are the same.

And yes, I meant stock US spec.

Jesse

Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Maybe not 50whp, but you'd be surprised. Tuning has come a long way, and SSv1s are the top dogs.

There are guys with 370-390whp with just bolt ons. So it's coming from somewhere.
            Last edited by Tbonem3; 05-20-2021, 01:33 PM.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              Maybe not 50whp, but you'd be surprised. Tuning has come a long way, and SSv1s are the top dogs.

There are guys with 370-390whp with just bolt ons. So it's coming from somewhere.
              Yeah they're coming from one tuner and quite frankly defy any logical explanation
              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

Yeah they're coming from one tuner and quite frankly defy any logical explanation
                Oooof.

Here we go lol
                2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 BMW ///M3
                ​ Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build ​​
                2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

Oooof.

Here we go lol
                  Lol no no. Just some balance to that picture is healthy.

Moving on
                  '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Boy you're goin in hard on Hassan lmao.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post

Interesting. Your average bone stock E46 M3 makes something like 270whp? If so, I would not have guessed that a front to back SS V1 system would net you 50whp. Seems the current SS GB and a tune will get me farther than I thought.

Maybe I should have asked if their is anything to gained with any mods while retaining the stock exhaust. My previous engine mod experience is limited to old American muscle. The exhaust systems on those cars were so bad that it had to be addressed first if you wanted any gains from cam, intake, etc. I guess I want to know if these cars are the same.

And yes, I meant stock US spec.

Jesse

The average stock healthy e46 m3 make 270-280 Dynojet SAE correction RWHP. If STD correction, that bumps up to ~280-290.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

seems more about a certain dyno brand than anything, people have been adding a few % inflation each year and fudging numbers to "read like a dynojet"

people will say tuning has come along but not really a WOT is about the easiest thing to tune on an engine.

There is no standard internal measure for RWHP so its best not to read too much into it
                        Last edited by digger; 05-25-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Is there any consensus about how much power you can extract before the stock US spec exhaust becomes the limiting factor?

D-O
                          Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Working...
                          X