What Slicktop Headliner is This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Slicktop Headliner is This?

I purchased this headliner from a e46 m3 part out about a year ago and after searching, it appears to be a hybrid of the Euro and US as it has a cutout for the sensor in the middle and no drop down that runs the width of the headliner. Here are links to the Euro and US slicktop headliners:

Any one seen this version before? I searched realoem and cannot find it.
    www.twinperformanceengineering.com

Interesting. Don’t know.
    Mine has the usual US drop down.

Could it be a “euro” one simply cut for the motion sensor (and the homelink in the front)?
    Last edited by old///MFanatic; 05-21-2021, 11:46 AM.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

It could either be a part they revised early on in production or could be a standard e46 headliner the original owner installed but obviously can't say for certain.

2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
        Interesting. Don’t know.
        Mine has the usual US drop down.

Could it be a “euro” one simply cut for the motion sensor (and the homelink in the front)?
        I had a look at the motion sensor opening and its definitely not cut and was done by the factory. Its a mystery!
        www.twinperformanceengineering.com

Comment

Originally posted by TPE View Post
          I had a look at the motion sensor opening and its definitely not cut and was done by the factory. Its a mystery!
          Yeah that’s a strange one. Could certainly be a revision.

Not sure if you took the motion sensor white frame-bracket apart from the panel. But that unsnaps top from bottom. If you did that you’d certainly be able to tell if factory. But if not removed I believe it could hide details of a modified cut there.
          You recall the parted out M3’s details? Factory slicktop or aftermarket CF? Year?
          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I had the option of getting the US version, but went with the more slick looking euro version and removed the garage opener buttons and such. Didn't care for them.

Comment

It’s the euro one. The ones that came with the alarm had the motion sensor cut out. I have one just like it sitting in my basement.

Comment

Yep thats a Euro one. that come without the cut out but there is an impressed markout for where the motion sensor goes so if you have that option you just cut out the impressed section and install the motion sensor bracket... I got a Euro without the cut out and had to make the cutout myself to install my motion sensor. Buying brand new from BMW should come without the cutout but if you got it from a wreck and it has it then you likely just got it from a wreck that had the motion sensor installed is all.

Comment

Working...
                X