Koni Yellow Settings With Eibach Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koni Yellow Settings With Eibach Springs

Just wondering anyone using Koni Yellows with the Eibach Prokit what settings you are running your dampers at?

Thanks

I assume you mean eibach pro kit springs. I forget how many turns it is but my fronts are about 3/4 of full stiffness and rears are 1/2 full stiffness. TBH I think I need more stiffness in the rear as it feels underdamped, but I haven't gotten around to adjusting it since it's more difficult than the fronts. I have gc camber plates in the front so it may feel different on your car. My car is 100% daily.

Comment

How do you guys like this package? I'm about to pull the trigger on in but would love some feedback ahead of time. My shocks are original (2002 M3 with 75,000 miles) and it is a daily driver. Is this a nice DD setup? Thanks...

Comment

It's mediocre. Better than H&R springs.

Bilstein b6s are better dampers, but too harsh/stiff for many people, and don't settle quite as low as konis.

I recommend konis as stock replacement, that's about it.

As far as adjustment, you don't need much. Front rates (eibach prokit) are pretty low (158lb vs 143 stock), so I wouldn't even turn the knob, maybe 1/4 turn. Rears, despite the extra leverage on the control arm, are still stiffer than fronts, so try like a half or 3/4 turn rear.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Thanks... Would I be better off just going with Koni yellows and reuse the OEM springs?

Comment

If you don't need the .6/.9" drop, ya. And run them full soft imo, maybe a little slower rebound in the rear.

I wonder if Konis would be any better than new sachs or billy b4s though, for the price difference.

If you're ok with stock height, but want a more capable set up, B6 with eibachs or Dinan would be the ticket. B6s with stock springs will ride quite high, like 14 5/8" - 14&3/4" all around.

Konis are calmer, which is good for or replacement, daily driver, city driving. You'll feel a lot more with B6s. That's good and bad depending on your situation/what you want.

I've had numerous "stock style" setups from e36-e46, and I've always been happy with bilstein and unhappy with Koni, but i want more higher speed performance than low speed comfort.

That's my take over 15 years.
            Last edited by Tbonem3; 05-28-2021, 12:53 PM.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Does anyone know what the spring rates are for the H&R
              2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic3 View Post
                Does anyone know what the spring rates are for the H&R
                I am wondering if anyone actually tested the H&R spring rates for their( TCKline sport spring) . I know that they do not publish their rates. I have the TCKline sport kit( H&R springs matched with Koni single adjustable ). I contacted TCKline, and their response was "their guess" 230# for the front, and 400#

Comment

Yeah, I was still fishing...
                  2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

I'm running a set of billy B4 with dinan springs. Not too happy with my bump feels but I'm still working on it. I took off a set of koni and h and r but due to the fact the koni were dead. The H and R springs i was thinking of putting back on as i feel the back is lower than the front with the dinan on. 😕
                    Last edited by Drewrivera; 05-30-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic3 View Post
                      Yeah, I was still fishing...

Sorry, didn't see that it was you that posted the figures!

Comment

No worries
                        2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                          It's mediocre. Better than H&R springs.

Bilstein b6s are better dampers, but too harsh/stiff for many people, and don't settle quite as low as konis.

I recommend konis as stock replacement, that's about it.

As far as adjustment, you don't need much. Front rates (eibach prokit) are pretty low (158lb vs 143 stock), so I wouldn't even turn the knob, maybe 1/4 turn. Rears, despite the extra leverage on the control arm, are still stiffer than fronts, so try like a half or 3/4 turn rear.
                          This 100%.

I tested my Koni Sport on a dyno and was amazed by the rebound range. With stock or stock-ish springs, you pretty much want full soft. Maybe a TOUCH more in back (like 1/2-3/4 as Tbone mentioned) to balance the handling.

Comment

Have T/C Kline H&R springs /Koni s/a adjustable. Front and rear 1/2 to 3/4 from full soft.
                            2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

I have these installed and found 3/4 stiff in front and slightly above 1/2 stiff in rear. I found softer settings in the front made for hard hits on higher speed bumps. Our highways in California aren’t great and I drive fast (85+). I needed the additional stiffness to help support the springs. This combo with eibach sways bars and ground control front plates make a very capable car for far less then coilovers. I would recommend this set-up for daily driven cars that want some track days.

Originally posted by Ianb View Post
                              Just wondering anyone using Koni Yellows with the Eibach Prokit what settings you are running your dampers at?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X