Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steering wheel covers - RedLine any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering wheel covers - RedLine any good?

It’s time to recover the wheel in my ‘05 M3. I want it to look pretty much stock (including the M-colored stitching). And I’d rather pay to have someone do the recovering.
    online searches bring me to RedLine dot com. Seems like I could get the whole job done (plus a replacement shift boot) for just under $500.

While I’m at it, any ideas where to get a replacement armrest, or armrest cover in grey that will match my interior?

Anyone here have experience with RedLine? Or have any other recommendations for companies you do have experience with?

Thankas!

Check out Coby wheel

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Coby for alcantara, Dallas Custom Wheels for leather
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

You can get a new armrest in grey leather for $256 from ecstuning

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
          Coby for alcantara, Dallas Custom Wheels for leather
          Thanks- I contacted Dallas Custom Steering Wheel. Looks like they do very nice work, and the price isn’t unreasonable.
          I may we’ll choose to go with them.
          Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post
            You can get a new armrest in grey leather for $256 from ecstuning
            Yes - I have one on my wish list there. I was hoping to be able to get a cover to replace myself, but RedLine didn’t have a grey that matches.
            I may go the route of replacing the entire armrest lid with the correct color before too long. But the steering wheel is my first priority.

Comment

I postponed getting the full leather center console too long and it became NLA. It was kiwi though, an uncommon color vs the very common grey.

But i hear ya on wantin to get rewrapped instead.

Comment

Not if you are picky - the results are highly dependent on user installation, and I'm picky so the slight wrinkles in mine always bugged me.

You can't go wrong with a wheel from Poland. Can be found around ~$400 from ebay, nappa leather and they can do tri-stitching or black. Comes out pretty much perfect, mine still looks like the day I got it since I regularly clean & condition it

Comment

Working...
                X