ULO vs OE bmw LED tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ULO vs OE bmw LED tail lights

Has anyone got the ULO LED tail lights or verified if they are the same exact part without the BMW stamp?

I'm looking to purchase an OE left tail light and a ULO right tail light because it's $50 cheaper. I'm just a bit concerned that they won't match color wise.
    Garage:
    2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
    1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

They dont line up with the body panels at all. Just buy genuine bmw. I tried to cheap out years ago and returned them. Not worth the time
    2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

^ think you are confusing ULO with Depo

ULO rear LED tail lights are OE
      they are exactly the same as the ones BMW supplies without the BMW packaging.

Comment

Sadly there aren't any Driver's side available.

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post

So you think it's safe to say there wouldn't be a discernable difference in color between the two if a genuine was on one side, and the ULO on the other?
          Garage:
          2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post

So you think it's safe to say there wouldn't be a discernable difference in color between the two if a genuine was on one side, and the ULO on the other?
            Only in terms of one being brand new and the other one used.

Comment

Only in terms of one being brand new and the other one used.
              Gotcha, I was talking about purchasing both new!
              Garage:

Comment

Negative. They were ULO no question. I know exactly what I bought and they were trash. Now maybe I got a reject set BNIB? Who knows? I returned them and bought genuine bmw and never looked back lol

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

Negative. They were ULO no question. I know exactly what I bought and they were trash. Now maybe I got a reject set BNIB? Who knows? I returned them and bought genuine bmw and never looked back lol
                  You do realise that BMW doesn’t actually produce light units right? They are supplied by OE manufacturers with added margins and then on sold to the public.

Check photos 8,9 and 11 in the link below - go pull your oe light units and compare they are identical

I have had genuine and ULO side by side and they are exactly the same. I can pull my brand new BMW units from a box out and take the same photos and markings to show you if you like - they are exactly the same as the ULO in the link above.

Further more I have had friends at BMW confirm this also. So you were either sold swapped items or fakes.

ULO supplies BMW with E46 rear LED and non LED lights and that’s a fact.
                  Last edited by NZ_M3; 06-09-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Here OE from BMW directly

Click image for larger version

Name:	6747836E-D5D7-462C-9339-D59E4EB29755.jpeg
Views:	1488
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	109893

Name:	AFA09596-4571-40AB-9786-3CE30A3E734F.jpeg
Views:	1495
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	109894

Name:	D59B1FB2-1DBC-4C31-BFC2-E72CDC99F9C6.jpeg
Views:	1481
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	109889

Name:	DAC9C5DA-4FD5-47BF-9B2D-E760097EC2C7.jpeg
Views:	1507
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	109890

ULO from ebay - that 0 with the two lines inside is its logo

Name:	2D7848A5-1028-4797-BCF5-E7A5E2E0A74D.png
Views:	1470
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	109891

Name:	83ABCD07-C418-479B-834E-E76EA4858EEB.png
Views:	1479
Size:	328.4 KB
ID:	109892
                    Attached Files

Comment

You do realise that BMW doesn’t actually produce light units right? They are supplied by OE manufacturers with added margins and then on sold to the public.

Check photos 8,9 and 11 in the link below - go pull your oe light units and compare they are identical

I have had genuine and ULO side by side and they are exactly the same. I can pull my brand new BMW units from a box out and take the same photos and markings to show you if you like - they are exactly the same as the ULO in the link above.

Further more I have had friends at BMW confirm this also. So you were either sold swapped items or fakes.

ULO supplies BMW with E46 rear LED and non LED lights and that’s a fact.
                      Fully aware. BMW doesn't produce much of anything on their own. They like any other business have a supplier chain for almost everything produced and add their log to the exact same finished product to increase their margins and convince the consumer it is the factory supplied part. Anyone with a business degree knows this. I bought genuine bmw back in the day because no one could confirm ULO was THE supplier BMW used for this so I said fuck it and bought the guaranteed original part. Benefit of BMW that you failed to mention is that if you purchased from a dealer there is a 2yr no questions asked warranty for defects in workmanship on anything they sell that you wont get through ULO.

Other than that, no offense, but you should be convincing the OP not me. I already have the product and am not in the market.

Comment

Yikes was looking for real world experience not start an argument. From what I've read sometimes the manufacturer has left over supply that doesn't meet "quality control" standards bmw set (laughable I'm sure in most cases) . In the case of the lights not lining up with the body panels, maybe it's not a common thing for ULO, but nonetheless had some lights that weren't completely up to par and still got sold?
                        Garage:

Comment

I would take the chance and order the ULO from FCP euro who are great with returns, replacements, warranty.
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I have ULO led tails that replaced the old OE led tails on M3. They are identical.
                            2004 M3-Silver Grey Metallic/Imola Red-Coupe-6spd
                            2002 330Ci-Topaz Blue Metallic/Black-5spd
                            Instagram- Norocehcap

Comment

$20 premium for Genuine BMW at FCP. That doesn't sound too bad though.

Comment

Working...
                              X