No announcement yet.

Exhaust Setup And Sound Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the greatest video, Samsung S10 cellphone footage.

Karbonious/SSv1>SS Catted Sec. 1>Stock Sec. 2>SCZA

I'll try to get some better audio as this just doesn't do it justice.

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

I went back to stock for now, but my previous setup was TopSpeed headers with stock sec 1/2, and an Active Autowerke Gen 3 muffler. I have a video before and after the headers for comparison too.

My 2003 E46 M3 with an Active Autowerke Gen 3 muffler and TopSpeed catless headers. Running stock US sections 1 & 2.

My 2003 E46 M3 with an Active Autowerke Gen 3 muffler. Running stock US headers and stock sec 1 & 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
        Not the greatest video, Samsung S10 cellphone footage.

Karbonious/SSv1>SS Catted Sec. 1>Stock Sec. 2>SCZA

I'll try to get some better audio as this just doesn't do it justice.

https://youtube.com/shorts/AKoUsbP6dZs?feature=share
        That sounds amazing!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
        2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Gonna have to go borrow a GoPro now.. lol

Comment

GoPro, depending on model and settings do pretty terribly with clean sound.

That said, my last few track videos use GoPro 5 with an external mic mounted on the rear tow hook with a deadcat/windblock. Mic is Olympus ME-51S.

My setup is ssv1, ss race cats, stock s2, ss sport.

At some point I will swap (back to) ss dual s2 just for sound comparison.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Anyone have a video of the following?

stock US headers
              Dual OEM resonated section 1 / or stock section 1
              Supersprint resonated mid pipe 60mm
              Supersprint "sport" rear section
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

My entire YouTube channel basically revolves around exhaust setup and sound

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkb...wGtkJcusgQcR5Q

Here's some selections you all might find interesting, I have the setup details in the description of each video usually:

Current setup highway pull
                THIS EXHAUST SETUP FOR SALE!SGT X-pipe for sale:https://www.facebook.com/share/VxoUizJTFaaHjmYd/?mibextid=79PoIiMXP muffler for sale:https://www.facebook.com...

SGT SCZA muffler 'review'
                I've been running the Status Gruppe Tuning SCZA muffler on my 2004 E46 M3 for a while now and thought it was time for a proper video to demonstrate its sound...

Comparison of sections 1s (factory, AR20, Manzo straight pipes)
                Here is a comparison of 3 different section 1/ midpipe exhausts on my 2004 E46 M3 at Homestead Miami Speedway. This video is to demonstrate the differences i...

Street driving w AR20 in section 1, SGT non res sec2 and MXP rear section
                A couple clips getting on the highway in full bolt-on E46 M3 with in-car sound of the full exhaust. Nothing crazy, just enjoying the car on a nice Sunday dri...

A couple track day vids same setup as above but factory section 1 (no AR20), with mic near the muffler
                Outside exhaust clips compilation of my E46 M3 from Homestead-Miami Speedway track day 12/16/2018.

One of my best laps in the later sessions where I was comfortable and starting to push the car more. Still alot of improvement needed of course. Even killed ...

Original setup w catless headers, stock sec1 and 2, Dinan muffler
                Machine Spirit Miami is back! For our return from hiatus we have a full bolt-on 2004 E46 M3 with catless headers and Dinan exhaust. Featuring high pitched ra...

Hope these are worthy contributions to the thread. I have another video where I blow out a decibel meter I placed by the exhaust, maxed out at 130+ db lol.
                Last edited by BigRussia; 08-13-2021, 06:40 AM.
                2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
                Instagram
                Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                  Anyone have a video of the following?

stock US headers
                  Dual OEM resonated section 1 / or stock section 1
                  Supersprint resonated mid pipe 60mm
                  Supersprint "sport" rear section
                  I have pretty close to this, but no video.

stock US headers.
                  CPI RTX
                  SS Single Pipe Resonated
                  Supersprint sport

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post

I have pretty close to this, but no video.

stock US headers.
                    CPI RTX
                    SS Single Pipe Resonated
                    Supersprint sport
                    What are your thoughts on the setup? Any chance you'd be interested in filming a quick in car video and possibly a drive by video? Would be cool to hear it at normal speed and full throttle.

I just got my AFE exhaust put on, it's louder than I was hoping for and it actually fits kind of like shit so I'm already looking at other options LOL.

I have stock headers and need to keep it that way, two OEM resonated pipes for section 1, and the AFE section 2 is 2.5" X pipe with no resonator, and it slip fits to the section 3 muffler which is pretty much straight through also I think. No surprise that it's pretty loud... I would love to reduce the volume, I can hardly hear any intake noise anymore, and also would like to eliminate more of the rasp hence why I was thinking a resonated section 2 and a quieter section 3.
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

What are your thoughts on the setup? Any chance you'd be interested in filming a quick in car video and possibly a drive by video? Would be cool to hear it at normal speed and full throttle.

I just got my AFE exhaust put on, it's louder than I was hoping for and it actually fits kind of like shit so I'm already looking at other options LOL.

I have stock headers and need to keep it that way, two OEM resonated pipes for section 1, and the AFE section 2 is 2.5" X pipe with no resonator, and it slip fits to the section 3 muffler which is pretty much straight through also I think. No surprise that it's pretty loud... I would love to reduce the volume, I can hardly hear any intake noise anymore, and also would like to eliminate more of the rasp hence why I was thinking a resonated section 2 and a quieter section 3.
                      Try the Corsa system sold through Turner. It’s note depends on stock headers.
                      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Yea I don't want the hassle of changing the headers plus CA is a pain with smog. Just looking to get the best I can considering that and wanting it to be quieter.
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Stock

Last edited by stash1; 08-13-2021, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Yea I don't want the hassle of changing the headers plus CA is a pain with smog. Just looking to get the best I can considering that and wanting it to be quieter.
                            You're all stock now?

An extra res in sect 1 will help. An SS or SGT (yuck) X pipe will really change the sound for only $400.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

You're all stock now?

An extra res in sect 1 will help. An SS or SGT (yuck) X pipe will really change the sound for only $400.
                              No I got a used AFE exhaust for a really good deal, and I have 2 OEM resonated pipes as section 1. I'm thinking about getting the Supersprint resonated section 2 and "sport" section 3.
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Oh I've heard of those, but no feedback. They look good. You're gonna try it, and then maybe still get SS sport? SS sport is good, a nice goldilocks muffler. Not too heavy, not too light, not too quiet, not too loud. Beautiful piece too.
                                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                                X