Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which monoball RTAB to go with?

Hello all!
    I am in the market for some new RTABS and would like to go with monoball bushings. I quickly found that there are countless options, and am curious if anyone has any recommendations on which brand to go with- any advantages worth noting would be appreciated, as they all look the same at face value. Thanks!!

I just installed turner monoball rtabs on my car. Went with these as they are sealed.

Comment

• Turner
      • SDW
      • CMP
      • DINAN
      All seem similar

Comment

A differentiation between the bearing designs is one piece vs two piece housing.

Turner's is one piece and they claim on their website (no idea if this is true) that this leads to longer life of the ball joint inside.

SDW, BimmerWorld, Ground Control, etc. are all two piece.
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Syncro Design Works are really nice

Comment

Very pleased with my SDW's.

Comment

Turners

Comment

CMP. I like their quality and they are purple!

Comment

I put Bimmerworld units in my track car. They clunked immediately. Then I found Obioban's thread on m3forum.net in which he investigated the Indian-made balljoints used. Sure enough, when I pressed the BJs out, the races were jammed from the factory. I replaced them with Lemforder balljoints and all was well. The housings themselves are pretty nice pieces.

I don't know if Bimmerworld has switched to a new balljoint yet, and I like their products generally, but steer clear unless you can confirm.

Comment

Went with the Synchro Design Work monoballs because they are sealed units as well. The NVH has not changed much but the rear end really tightened up.
                    2002 M3 Carbon Schwarz/Black 6MT

Comment

Monoballs basically are ball joints instead of bushings, right?
                      This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                        Monoballs basically are ball joints instead of bushings, right?
                        Correct.
                        2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

I have Fall Line Motorsport ones in my car.
                          I haven't driven it enough yet to give any impressions but they look nicely made.

Comment

Syncro Design Works on my car. I did not notice any increased NVH but I did notice the huge improvement in how planted the rear end feels. Great customer service too.

Syncro Design Works' Rear Trailing Arm Bearing, BMW 3 Series, E36 / E46 and Z4 Snycro Design Works' rear trailing arm bearing updates and improves the rear suspension in BMW 3 Series E36 and E46, and Z4, by eliminating binding and deflection through adding precision and longevity. Syncro Design Works RTAB's utilize an

MJ

Comment

Originally posted by ethan View Post
                              I put Bimmerworld units in my track car. They clunked immediately. Then I found Obioban's thread on m3forum.net in which he investigated the Indian-made balljoints used. Sure enough, when I pressed the BJs out, the races were jammed from the factory. I replaced them with Lemforder balljoints and all was well. The housings themselves are pretty nice pieces.

I don't know if Bimmerworld has switched to a new balljoint yet, and I like their products generally, but steer clear unless you can confirm.
                              ethan They have switched - I confirmed with John and then I put the BW's in over the winter and have driven ~1,000 miles with them. No clunking. Press-fit of the aluminum carriers is tight! I needed something substantial to press them into the trailing arm. I haven't even thought about them since installing, which is a good thing.
                              Last edited by jbfrancis3; 04-16-2020, 05:45 AM. Reason: grammar
                              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Working...
                              X