Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest in CF CSL 1:1 Bumper

Hey guys,

I am chatting with a new German manufacturer. They have a mold in pre-preg & autoclaved carbon from a OEM CSL front bumper.

It isn't cheap, retail is around 1,900 euros, and shipping body panels from Germany will be a bit more complex than usual. I'm confident we could get this down and have smooth logistics if we could get 10x +.

The lead time per bumper is around 3 weeks. I'm chatting with them to see if this can be sped up.

I have attached some pictures.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 08-30-2021, 07:19 AM.

For aluminum carrier?
    2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse - SOLD

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
    Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

I get the appeal of CF, but how about a cheaper fiberglass one?

Comment

Offer it with dual inlets. I'll pay lol
        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 BMW ///M3
        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post
          I get the appeal of CF, but how about a cheaper fiberglass one?
          Quite a few already on the market at that quality level.

Comment

Originally posted by DJAM3 View Post
            For aluminum carrier?
            2x new bumper dampers need to be purchased for aluminum carriers I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

2x new bumper dampers need to be purchased for aluminum carriers I believe.
              Been a while since I was thinking about getting a CSL bumper, but I believe that's backwards-- Alu carrier cars can reused their stock dampers, later cars need to buy the struts.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Been a while since I was thinking about getting a CSL bumper, but I believe that's backwards-- Alu carrier cars can reused their stock dampers, later cars need to buy the struts.
                I should have exact SKUs tomorrow! You’re probably right.

Comment

That seems overpriced to me

I’ve spotted a company on IG called KTZ Performance based in the Czech Republic and he does roof panels, bumper diffuser and consoles for the CSL and the quality from the photos look pretty good

might be worth checking out - really well priced also

no personal experience just thought it seemed interesting

2,000 Followers, 1,415 Following, 35 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from @ktz_performance

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post
                    That seems overpriced to me

I’ve spotted a company on IG called KTZ Performance based in the Czech Republic and he does roof panels, bumper diffuser and consoles for the CSL and the quality from the photos look pretty good

might be worth checking out - really well priced also

no personal experience just thought it seemed interesting

https://instagram.com/ktz_performanc...dium=copy_link
                    Great find. Let me try to chat with them. From initial messages, they do pre preg and autoclave.

Comment

What is/was the price point for Mile End Composites? Maybe I missed a news flash - did they stop? I see their site is down.
                      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
                        What is/was the price point for Mile End Composites? Maybe I missed a news flash - did they stop? I see their site is down.
                        They list products they have in stock. Last I heard he was working on the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

They list products they have in stock. Last I heard he was working on the trunk.
                          I’ve never seen anyone say a single negative word about mile end. Might not be the worst idea to do the bumper gb through them!

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Karbonius’s CSL bootlid isn’t far away and it’s 5.5kg at the moment

From the photos I have seen the fitment appears absolutely spot on. Even I am tempted🙈🙈

Comment

Please see if you can work out something with Mile End Composites. They've been MIA and totally disappeared. For buyers in North America, shipping these bumpers would be a lot cheaper if it was produced in North America, vs from Europe.

Comment

Working...
                              X