Interest in CF CSL 1:1 Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toy4to View Post
    Please see if you can work out something with Mile End Composites. They've been MIA and totally disappeared. For buyers in North America, shipping these bumpers would be a lot cheaper if it was produced in North America, vs from Europe.
    I’m actually local to him and he’s a total ghost. No one in the scene knows him personally here. I cant even find the guys’ name. My intuitions tell me the guy works in our local aerospace industry and does this on the side.

Fun fact: Mile End is a neighborhood in Montreal I lived in hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I’m actually local to him and he’s a total ghost. No one in the scene knows him personally here. I cant even find the guys’ name. My intuitions tell me the guy works in our local aerospace industry and does this on the side.

Fun fact: Mile End is a neighborhood in Montreal I lived in hehe.
      The website being down is not a good sign
      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

I saw that coming from a mile away.....no pun intended. But really from the beginning it seemed he was just not set up to handle the volume. I got insanely lucky and picked up one of his bumpers here on the forum. I can attest to it's quality but unfortunately, did not see it lasting the way he was backed up 6-12 months for bumpers, so I highly doubt he has the capacity to do a GB of any sort. Sucks really, because it's companies like his that make this platform great.

If this bumper is vetted and fits as well as the Mile End, I'm sure you'll have a winner. But I think most will need to see and read about fitment and finish. The huge upside to the Mile End bumper is that it's made to bolt right up to carbon kevlar carriers, which is the majority of bumpers after 01, so it's a seamless and simple install.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
        2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

I wonder if I might have got the last one. I had contacted him back in like March and he built me one. I’m some what local to him and picked it up in person from him when it was finished at the end of April. Can’t remember his name for the life of me, but it was a side gig for him I remember that. Would be a shame if he stopped, I was hoping he would build more rear diffusers, at the time when I oicked my bumper up he said he had no intentions to in the short term as he was busy with the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
            I saw that coming from a mile away.....no pun intended. But really from the beginning it seemed he was just not set up to handle the volume. I got insanely lucky and picked up one of his bumpers here on the forum. I can attest to it's quality but unfortunately, did not see it lasting the way he was backed up 6-12 months for bumpers, so I highly doubt he has the capacity to do a GB of any sort. Sucks really, because it's companies like his that make this platform great.

If this bumper is vetted and fits as well as the Mile End, I'm sure you'll have a winner. But I think most will need to see and read about fitment and finish. The huge upside to the Mile End bumper is that it's made to bolt right up to carbon kevlar carriers, which is the majority of bumpers after 01, so it's a seamless and simple install.
            I will for sure order any new CSL CF parts prior to any GB. Learning our lessons from the CSL diffuser and packaging issues. I have found a new supplier and I am waiting pricelists. It's much lower from initial discussions and it's pre-preg, but as with anything from Eastern Europe, I'll want to see it to believe it.

Comment

There's also the alpha n bumper which will be available from IND probably soon. This would be my personal choice though probably the most expensive.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                There's also the alpha n bumper which will be available from IND probably soon. This would be my personal choice though probably the most expensive.
                That’s what is posted here 🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Quite a few already on the market at that quality level.
                  Can you direct me to those, thanks. Just names, don’t need links. Thanks!

Comment

assuming this piece is a couple grand, what's it weigh vs an OE north america or euro bumper? If I purchase the Karb decklid whenever it makes it across the pond and I need to get it painted, seems like it would make sense to get the front bumper painted at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post

Can you direct me to those, thanks. Just names, don’t need links. Thanks!
                      Have a look at ModBargains.

Comment

Originally posted by tnord View Post
                        assuming this piece is a couple grand, what's it weigh vs an OE north america or euro bumper? If I purchase the Karb decklid whenever it makes it across the pond and I need to get it painted, seems like it would make sense to get the front bumper painted at the same time.
                        This piece will cost 3k at the very minimum once its all said and done.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                        X