Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lseat.com - review

Hello Everyone -

Just wanted to review and document lseat leather covers for the e46 cabrio that I will hopefully be updating along the years with how holds up. I remember someone started a thread about this in the old m3forum.

Background, I originally wanted to convert my black interior to cinnamon but I was unable to source a decent set of seats (only the arm rests and door cars got sourced) – Along the years, I called a bunch of places to reupholster the seats with original nappa, all of which were expensive. I went online and came across lseat.com and autoberry.com the latter being more expensive.
    I recently saw that lseat added the saddle color to their portfolio and decided to bite the bullet on this one as it was cheaper. I warned the installer that these seats run loose and will require additional foam or heat to get a tight fit, he gave me push back with the heat as he stated it reduces the life of the cover and said to let the sun do its thing.

Below is the end result, it definitely exceeded my expectations and I very much like the results.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	6097
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	124082 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	5428
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	124083 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	5260
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	124084 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	5667
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	124085 Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	5547
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	124086 Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	5355
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	124087

Time will tell how they hold up!

Best,
    Irhase46m3

wow! pretty impressive I must say

Comment

Interesting.. finally another option for recovering pole positions and spg seats
      ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
      ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

It seems to be a little easier in Germany. I had my Imola converted into cinnamon...

Name:	8E11E974-9BAC-4580-B9EF-06DE319D26BA-2627-000003130ED1E92E.jpeg
Views:	3986
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	124204

Name:	IMG_3698.jpg
Views:	3899
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	124205

Name:	IMG_3694.jpg
Views:	4168
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	124206

Name:	00E6851F-0276-4078-877C-97803A6AA1EC.jpg
Views:	3934
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	124207

Name:	IMG_5845.jpg
Views:	3918
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	124209

Name:	3801886E-0535-4DC6-A245-259C2446BDA7.jpg
Views:	3979
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	124210

Name:	5B729544-4366-4655-8235-F50CF4D711CA.jpg
Views:	3966
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	124211

Name:	E3F5900F-DEFF-498B-920A-CAC6353D3A75.jpg
Views:	3972
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	124212
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Irhase46m3 View Post
          Hello Everyone -

Just wanted to review and document lseat leather covers for the e46 cabrio that I will hopefully be updating along the years with how holds up. I remember someone started a thread about this in the old m3forum.

Background, I originally wanted to convert my black interior to cinnamon but I was unable to source a decent set of seats (only the arm rests and door cars got sourced) – Along the years, I called a bunch of places to reupholster the seats with original nappa, all of which were expensive. I went online and came across lseat.com and autoberry.com the latter being more expensive.
          I recently saw that lseat added the saddle color to their portfolio and decided to bite the bullet on this one as it was cheaper. I warned the installer that these seats run loose and will require additional foam or heat to get a tight fit, he gave me push back with the heat as he stated it reduces the life of the cover and said to let the sun do its thing.

Below is the end result, it definitely exceeded my expectations and I very much like the results.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	6097
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	124082 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	5428
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	124083 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	5260
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	124084 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	5667
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	124085 Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	5547
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	124086 Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	5355
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	124087

Time will tell how they hold up!

Best,
          Irhase46m3
          Looks great. Any thoughts on the quality of the leather and stitching compared to the factory nappa? At that price it seems like a great alternative if the quality is acceptable

Comment

hows the grain/color match?
            2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

I've never seen an upholsterer 100% nail the factory look. A little wave in a seam, a small bunch here and there and/or slight differences in taught-ness. These look good though, I'm impressed with both examples, nicely done.
              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by yhp2009 View Post

Looks great. Any thoughts on the quality of the leather and stitching compared to the factory nappa? At that price it seems like a great alternative if the quality is acceptable
                Hi There - The stitching is not 100%, its a bit off. The quality is good, its important to understand its not leather, its a leather bond, according to the installer said its good and that he has worked with it in the past. As mentioned before, time will tell how it holds

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post
                  hows the grain/color match?
                  It has no grain, its very comparable to the napa look, the arm rest was wrapped in new nappa leather and the feel is different, the covers are soft but have a slight plastic feel to it, the arm rest is super soft and no plastic feel. Hopefully this makes sense.

As for the color, its not an exact match to cinnamon, you can definitely see the difference but i dont mind it, my black covers are destroyed so this is a vast improvement for me.
                  Last edited by Irhase46m3; 09-01-2021, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irhase46m3 View Post

It has no grain, its very comparable to the napa look, the arm rest was wrapped in new nappa leather and the feel is different, the covers are soft but have a slight plastic feel to it, the arm rest is super soft and no plastic feel. Hopefully this makes sense.

As for the color, its not an exact match to cinnamon, you can definitely see the difference but i dont mind it, my black covers are destroyed so this is a vast improvement for me.
                    mine is 2.5 years old and its feel is getting better and better.

I used new leather care 2 times. That helps that the new leather doesn't get so greasy. Rougher original look

Das Neuleder Pflegeset mit dem Leder Reiniger und der Leder Versiegelung ist für neue, seidenmatte, oberflächengefärbte (verriebener Tropfen Wasser zieht nicht ein) Glattleder die richtige Wahl. Es ist für Lederausstattungen in Fahrzeugen, für Ledermöbel

is unfortunately in German

the only thing that has not turned out well for me is this edge Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6793.jpg
Views:	3452
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	124444

Comment

For those of you who want high quality leather that is molded for our seats you can look at: https://gahh.com/brand/bmw?models_fit=3372&years=4914. My imola red driver's seat needs a backrest and seat bottom replacement and this is the only company I could find that provides OEM quality - it's actually better quality than OEM. It's worth noting I requested a sample of the imola red leather and it was a perfect match. I haven't yet had this done so I can't comment on the stitching or actual fit. But I have spoken with them and they described their process. I plan to buy new seat cushions first. However, this is an expensive route to go down. Almost $900 for the new seat covers, about $400 for installation (I don't mean removing the seats from the car, I'm referring to GAHH installing the leather to the seat cushions), and the cost of the new seat cushions. I hope to find a lightly used seat bottom and backrest in imola from a passenger seat (same part numbers as drivers seat) that someone is selling.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE46M3 View Post
                        For those of you who want high quality leather that is molded for our seats you can look at: https://gahh.com/brand/bmw?models_fit=3372&years=4914. My imola red driver's seat needs a backrest and seat bottom replacement and this is the only company I could find that provides OEM quality - it's actually better quality than OEM. It's worth noting I requested a sample of the imola red leather and it was a perfect match. I haven't yet had this done so I can't comment on the stitching or actual fit. But I have spoken with them and they described their process. I plan to buy new seat cushions first. However, this is an expensive route to go down. Almost $900 for the new seat covers, about $400 for installation (I don't mean removing the seats from the car, I'm referring to GAHH installing the leather to the seat cushions), and the cost of the new seat cushions. I hope to find a lightly used seat bottom and backrest in imola from a passenger seat (same part numbers as drivers seat) that someone is selling.
                        I mean that price seems more reasonable to me, when you factor in good leather material and all the effort in stitching together a cover. I couldn't believe two new seats covers regardless of materials could be found for $350.
                        '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Another option as mentioned is autoberry. (I've since completed an grey to imola and black swap). I have brand new nappa imola (not autoberry) in my car now and the autoberry feels just as nice. This was a few years ago so hopefully nothing changed with respect to autoberry's quality. The video is right after installation and over time the feel and fit was better and better.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

My imola came from https://www.instagram.com/bmwrestoredseats/?hl=en

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

I mean that price seems more reasonable to me, when you factor in good leather material and all the effort in stitching together a cover. I couldn't believe two new seats covers regardless of materials could be found for $350.
                            our nam3 forum at its best! Only expensive, only perfect! C'mon that interior looks great based on the photos and I bet much better than it was. As for the money, I keep saying that imo e46 m3 seats sucks so much that would not spend more than a couple of hundreds to restore them. If you are willing to spend money go sprotsters with custom upholstery! Or Cobra.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE46M3 View Post
                              great site, thank you

I'm still looking for Alcantara for my limousine!

Comment

Working...
                              X