Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried JRZ RS Pro coilovers?

Hey guys,

Thinking about getting some JRZ RS Pro 2 way coilovers, does anyone have any experience with these? They'd be used for street driving and 10-20 track days a year. I'm on Koni Yellows with Eibach Pro Kit springs right now and the setup is great, but the RS Pros are quantum leaps above and would be the last setup I buy for the car. If anyone has ran these and can give feedback on how it changed the car's responsiveness, bump reaction, ride quality, and grip I'd love to hear it.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

They appear to be a high quality architecture, totally in a different ballpark than Koni Yellows.

Comment

I have some 3-ways on order but won't be on the car for some time so I am of no help man sorry.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
        Hey guys,

Thinking about getting some JRZ RS Pro 2 way coilovers, does anyone have any experience with these? They'd be used for street driving and 10-20 track days a year. I'm on Koni Yellows with Eibach Pro Kit springs right now and the setup is great, but the RS Pros are quantum leaps above and would be the last setup I buy for the car. If anyone has ran these and can give feedback on how it changed the car's responsiveness, bump reaction, ride quality, and grip I'd love to hear it.
        I have JRZ 2-way non-remotes and so far they have been the best mod on the car. They’re right at home on track, soaking up bumps/ kerbs really well and predictable. I’m on stock sway bars with 650/750 spring rates and have no need to upgrade sways in order to improve turn-in, responsiveness so pretty happy on that front. On street I just turn compression/ rebound on the front almost all the way down and it becomes a very live-able suspension without being thrown around at every single bump/ imperfection. Tons of grip with fast 200tw tires or 100tw. I used to run a052s and that setup was awesome, have since switched to some cheap-ass Federals and they suck b@lls lol

Comment

I’m planning on buying a set of JRZ pro 2-ways in the future. I kept going back and forth trying to decide between KW, Nitron, MCS and Ohlins until I spoke with Anze Suspension who helped solidify my decision about JRZ.
          He said all his Lotus Elise guys run them, BMW Motorsports has been running rebranded JRZs for a long time, all the top tier true coilover companies are cousins and every other suspension can go right in the trash bin.

Comment

Originally posted by pole2win View Post
            I’m planning on buying a set of JRZ pro 2-ways in the future. I kept going back and forth trying to decide between KW, Nitron, MCS and Ohlins until I spoke with Anze Suspension who helped solidify my decision about JRZ.
            He said all his Lotus Elise guys run them, BMW Motorsports has been running rebranded JRZs for a long time, all the top tier true coilover companies are cousins and every other suspension can go right in the trash bin.
            Interested in the statement that BMW Motorsport has been rebranding JRZs for years... I believed it was actually KWs they used... found vindication in the fact the M4 GTS has recently been specc'd with KW Clubsports from factory.

Comment

Originally posted by STAATS View Post

Interested in the statement that BMW Motorsport has been rebranding JRZs for years... I believed it was actually KWs they used... found vindication in the fact the M4 GTS has recently been specc'd with KW Clubsports from factory.

I should have specified that the late 90s and early 00s BMW E36 and E46 race cars ran JRZ. I know the more recent M6/M8 race cars use Ohlins. I didn’t hear great things about the KWs on the M4 GTS but hopefully they can turn it around with this new M4 GT3.

Comment

You can’t go wrong with those IMO.

one key thing I always look for when choosing suspension whether it be for my motorcycle or cars is local support. Find a reputable track oriented shop/shops near your area and see what they prefer for your platform. The support for setup around your local tracks will be way better than forum feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post

I have JRZ 2-way non-remotes and so far they have been the best mod on the car. They’re right at home on track, soaking up bumps/ kerbs really well and predictable. I’m on stock sway bars with 650/750 spring rates and have no need to upgrade sways in order to improve turn-in, responsiveness so pretty happy on that front. On street I just turn compression/ rebound on the front almost all the way down and it becomes a very live-able suspension without being thrown around at every single bump/ imperfection. Tons of grip with fast 200tw tires or 100tw. I used to run a052s and that setup was awesome, have since switched to some cheap-ass Federals and they suck b@lls lol
                  +1 hear on this quote.....the best suspension I’ve ever had! Transformed my car the KW3 I had were good but these are on another level!

Comment

What size wheels and tires are you going to run? I have a set and run 18x10 +25 wheels with 275 35 size tires. I have to run a 3mm spacer up front. Just giving you a heads up.

Comment

I was torn between JRZ and MCS for a while before finally committing to MCS 2WNR. I had a long talk with the guys who run the shop outside VIR before choosing MCS. They like the JRZ's but always recommend the MCS. I know this is anecdotal but they have been nothing less than incredible. I run about 20 track days a year as well, and the car is almost exclusively a track car. I drive around 100 miles outside the track a year. I purchased a setup through Bimmerworld and am extremely pleased with the result. Best modification I have made to the car hands down. No spacers needed in the front for the wheel and tire setup above. All that being said, you cannot go wrong with JRZ.
                      2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
                      [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh1179 View Post
                        I was torn between JRZ and MCS for a while before finally committing to MCS 2WNR. I had a long talk with the guys who run the shop outside VIR before choosing MCS. They like the JRZ's but always recommend the MCS. I know this is anecdotal but they have been nothing less than incredible. I run about 20 track days a year as well, and the car is almost exclusively a track car. I drive around 100 miles outside the track a year. I purchased a setup through Bimmerworld and am extremely pleased with the result. Best modification I have made to the car hands down. No spacers needed in the front for the wheel and tire setup above. All that being said, you cannot go wrong with JRZ.
                        Did they say why they preferred MCS over JRZ?
                        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Thank you for the replies and info everyone. I think I'm going to end up going with MCS 2 ways instead.
                          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
                            Thank you for the replies and info everyone. I think I'm going to end up going with MCS 2 ways instead.
                            Just curious, why did you choose MCS vs. JRZs? Biggest difference between the two would be that the JRZs have external reservoirs, while the MCS 2WNRs of course don't. Both are amazing...and there are people out there that swear by both brands. I personally think the RS Pros may perform slightly better than the 2WNRs because of the external reservoirs, but who knows. JRZ also has an incredibly lengthy history in motorsports--building dampers for select McLaren F1 GTRs, Formula 3, DTM, etc.. while MCS' reputation is fairly new.

I don't have too much experience with coilovers on the E46 platform, but I had JRZ RS Pros on my E90 M3, and they blew every other setup I've had out of the water .. including two sets of KW Clubsports. They rode fantastically with 650/800 spring rates, and overall transformed the driving experience of the car (to be expected.) Grip was massively improved, and steering responsiveness seemed to be improved as well. Bump reaction doesn't really change with the individual damper themselves, but more so has to do with suspension geometry, and how much the car was lowered.
                            Last edited by cornerbalanced; 09-22-2021, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Did they say why they preferred MCS over JRZ?
                              Yea, so I was walking around the shop and they had a Cayman and a 911 (996 I think) that haD JRZ’s that were leaking, which could have been pure happenstance. They also run MCS on their rentals and have never had any issues. The owner has an E92 he has sunk hundreds of grand into and he runs the three way remote MCS. It was a preference issue, not a knock on JRZ’s. Hell, I had JRZ’s “in my cart” until I was puttering around on Bimmerworld annoying the chat guy. I also live closer to the MCS factory so I can toss them in the mail if I want them serviced and have them back relatively quickly. JRZ’s are top notch, but for my money MCS has vastly exceeded my expectations. I hope that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
                              [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Working...
                              X