Faded window trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faded window trim

Any ideas on how to polish or restore our black window trim that wraps around the A, B and C pillars near the roof?

My trim is faded and appears oxidized. I'm thinking maybe some compound and polish could bring it back to life but wanted to see if anyone used any certain technique or product that worked.

Here's a photo to show what trim I'm talking about. This is not my vehicle.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	test22001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	195.2 KB ID:	125312
    Last edited by ///m325i; 09-07-2021, 11:55 PM.

Just a polish with a d/a should do it. I treat mine with aerospace 303 often. On my 2nd e46, with trim in not so good of shape, I'm very happy after a polish and sealing (sio2 "wax").
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Awesome. I have a 3" DA polisher so I'll give it a shot this weekend. Thanks.

Comment

Yup, a polish will give nice results. Smaller diameter the pad the better... A bigger pad will concentrate more pressure on the edges and less in the center of the trim. So you could end up with shinier edges. Just a watch out

use a 1" pad on my Rupes Nano which is about perfect, and gives a very consistent finish
        2006 M3 ZCP 6spd
        2008 M3 6spd
        2012 LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale
        2014 Ferrari 458

Follow me on instagram @ biggreasytaco

Comment

Working...
        X