High temp fabric paint / sealant recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High temp fabric paint / sealant recommendation

I had a little rodent action in my E39 M5 over the last few months while it was stored -- chewed up the hood insulation (I trashed it, who cares) and looks like they dug at some fabric heat/sound insulation at the firewall below all the plastic trim, right behind the engine. Having all those brown fibers exposed is triggering me and I would like to paint it all black / seal them in. Any recs for a high temp sealant or paint that will adhere to that kind of fabric? Dumb question I know and it isn't even visible but I don't want it disintegrating more.

AND, what are you going to do so it doesn't happen again 🤔
    a little prevention...
    2004 M3 Mystic Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic3 View Post
      AND, what are you going to do so it doesn't happen again 🤔
      a little prevention...
      We should create a thread for rodent prevention tips/tricks . Seems to be a lot of snake oil on the market to combat that issue.
      2012 E92 M3 Competition - LeMans Blue / Speed Cloth - 6MT
      [SOLD] 2004 E46 M3 Coupe - Carbon Black / Black - 6MT

Comment

It was at my dad’s, discovered while I was visiting for a Labor Day bbq. During the limited time I had there I threw a bunch of dryer sheets soaked in peppermint extract in the engine bay and under the car. Going to make another trip up there and set a bunch of baited traps all around the car and possibly look into more local storage that I have better control over. But anyway seems like they didn’t get any wires or cause any serious problems … just want to get the insulation sealed up and make sure it lasts without disintegrating.

Comment

Subscribed...had my engine bay insulation chewed up in that exact same spot recently, they also had a little bit of fun in the transmission tunnel.
          '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
          All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Working...
          X