Codes 105, 230, 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Codes 105, 230, 92

Hello NAM3forum, I had an account on the old forum and have had my car for 5 or so years now. You guys have always been a great help to me, not so much to my wallet.

I have these codes show up at seemingly random times. I can go anywhere from 45 to 1000 miles before seeing a SES light again. My car just passed emissions with only 1 not ready code before the light came on 30 miles later... Car runs awesome as always!

My car is running a Paul Claude alpha-n tune with an evolve airbox and catless supersprint headers. I would like to once and for all fix these errors. This winter I am finally going to convert my car to a MAP sensor to improve driveability.

105: Engine Coolant Temp Implausible
    230: Electronic throttle setpoint value deviation
    92: Lambda sensor post cat bank 1 voltage.

I am guessing that the CEL comes on with the 92 code and the others are just random issues. However they all bother me when I see them in INPA.

How do I go about fixing them? Thanks in advance for any advice and I plan to be more active on these forums now that I have a desk job.

New sensors
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Do you think the SES light is because of a bad 02 sensor or because of the tune? I know the tune changes the sensitivity of the 02 sensor. I guess if it's bad no amount of tuning is going to disguise it.

For the 230 egas code, I know there are 2 sensors on the throttle bodies and one in the gas pedal... just wondering which one of the 3 it could be.

What sensor is causing code 105?

Comment

Gotta provide some history. Mileage? Are the sensors original? I would replace all 4 O2s if they're original. Not cheap, but they're exposed to high heat every drive so they can't last forever.

For TPS, I would try the front one by the oil filter housing first since I think it gets the most heat soaked, then the one on the throttle actuator, then the gas pedal last (I've rarely seen the pedal be the issue)

I feel like the 105 code could be nothing. I want to say I've had it pop up from time to time. I would clear the codes and see what comes back. For coolant temp, you've got a black plastic sensor with green o-ring that goes into the lower rad hose. Then there's a brass sensor that goes into the water pipe behind thermostat.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
        X