• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct lol

Comment

The REAL nitrous scene:

Comment

Originally posted by erickhoyos View Post
        There are people that have installed nitrous on their M3s, it’s possible. I follow one guy on Instagram who’s done it. Just like any other application, you have to be careful and do things right or your engine is gonna blow to the moon especially since the S54 is a high compression engine.
        Forged internals?

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post

Forged internals?
          Stock s54 is good for about 700-750whp, anything over that you’re really pushing it. I’m turbocharged on e85. I imagine nitrous with e85 would probably be the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Cglhut View Post
            Stock s54 is good for about 700-750whp, anything over that you’re really pushing it. I’m turbocharged on e85. I imagine nitrous with e85 would probably be the way to go.
            So there's really no need to have the engine built out for say an ESS 575 Supercharger + methanol inj?
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

So there's really no need to have the engine built out for say an ESS 575 Supercharger + methanol inj?
              No, but as always it comes down to risk tolerance because there is always some level of risk with FI. Not to mention a lot of people don't want to buy a car that has ever used FI. I'm FI and could care less.
              Last edited by oceansize; 09-16-2021, 07:37 AM.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

No, I wouldn’t worry about it. Depending on mileage I would definitely do a compression and leakdown test and make sure everything is healthy before you throw a SC on it though. I’ve had 3 e46 M3’s one NA, 2nd one was SC’d making 461whp without meth, and my current turbo car that I’m planning on making 900-1000whp with. Loved my SC’d car though, ran it hard and never had issues. If I went the SC’d route again I wouldn’t run meth (always had issues with my meth kit), I’d just run e85 if you have it at local gas stations. As far as drivetrain reinforcement stock motor and trans are good for big power. Things worth doing for it to be “bullet proof” would be all new bushings (solid subframe, new oem diff bushings), subframe reinforcement if not done, vanos if not done, and maybe DSS axles and driveshaft but not needed.

Comment

Wow that’s a lot. I read somewhere that it was 450whp and anything after that issues would arise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post

Wow that’s a lot. I read somewhere that it was 450whp and anything after that issues would arise.
                    Negative, turbo guys have been running 700+whp on race gas, e85, or pump gas and meth for a while now on stock blocks. If your running 93 with no meth a safe numbers is around 550whp. MaxPSI actually has the stock motor record of like 930whp or something crazy like that, although I highly doubt it would last long at those numbers haha. At the end of the day you’re pushing these engines to 2.5x their original power figures, so you’re rolling the dice. Some people are cool with pushing the envelope. If you’re not, keep it around 500-600whp to be safe.
                    Last edited by Cglhut; 09-16-2021, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I tried to run a 30 shot for a little while. Only went through one 10lb bottle before I took it off, and probably half of it was wasted playing with the purge. It was a basic Nitrous Express single fogger wet kit with a WOT trigger and a window switch. Fogger was in the intake elbow right after the MAF. Didn't do any ecu tuning for it, just had a wideband gauge and changed the fuel jet until the AFR was safe. It did work but a 30 shot was underwhelming for the amount of anxiety that it was going to break. Cylinder distribution is the first issue so a direct port kit would probably be smarter. I think there was someone a while ago that ran a 150 shot direct on a stock motor with no issue. Having nitrous is cool but I thought it was dumb for only 30hp.

Comment

Originally posted by mleveroni View Post
                        Having nitrous is cool
                        I really doubt you'll find much support to that statement here. However, to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by mleveroni View Post
                          I tried to run a 30 shot for a little while. Only went through one 10lb bottle before I took it off, and probably half of it was wasted playing with the purge. It was a basic Nitrous Express single fogger wet kit with a WOT trigger and a window switch. Fogger was in the intake elbow right after the MAF. Didn't do any ecu tuning for it, just had a wideband gauge and changed the fuel jet until the AFR was safe. It did work but a 30 shot was underwhelming for the amount of anxiety that it was going to break. Cylinder distribution is the first issue so a direct port kit would probably be smarter. I think there was someone a while ago that ran a 150 shot direct on a stock motor with no issue. Having nitrous is cool but I thought it was dumb for only 30hp.
                          Appreciate the response & information

Comment

I ran a hybrid direct port/intake fogger setup for about a year or so. 6 individual fuel foggers in the airbox couplers (yes there is room). One nitrous fogger in the intake after the MAF. Tons of fun, lots of anxiety. Cylinder 4 was not happy at the end due to a crimped fuel line (my fault- got bent when I put the intake/valve cover breather pipe on). Used Wizard of NOS equipment (English bloke from across the pond). He has some interesting ideas on nitrous and was featured on the old Top Gear back in the day. 150 shot with a progressive controller to ramp it in (felt like a centrifugal SC but with a lot more torque). I've also run an AA Stage II SC kit and the nitrous was by far more torque. However, both ended up with engine rebuilds (one on me, one on AA for some shady shit). Never would recommend dumping 150 hp on an S54; progressive was the way to go. Still have all the gear in my garage - look at it every once in a while and smile//shake my head. Now the M is full CSL engine stuff.
                            Just looked his website up and he's still there (noswizard.com).

Power adders are fun but can be really expensive. Knocking on someone for asking a question is e46fanatics-level bs.

My $.02.

Mike
                            02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
                            11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
                            16 X5

Comment

No, I wouldn’t worry about it. Depending on mileage I would definitely do a compression and leakdown test and make sure everything is healthy before you throw a SC on it though. I’ve had 3 e46 M3’s one NA, 2nd one was SC’d making 461whp without meth, and my current turbo car that I’m planning on making 900-1000whp with. Loved my SC’d car though, ran it hard and never had issues. If I went the SC’d route again I wouldn’t run meth (always had issues with my meth kit), I’d just run e85 if you have it at local gas stations. As far as drivetrain reinforcement stock motor and trans are good for big power. Things worth doing for it to be “bullet proof” would be all new bushings (solid subframe, new oem diff bushings), subframe reinforcement if not done, vanos if not done, and maybe DSS axles and driveshaft but not needed.
                              Maintenance is the key for any FI M3

I hit ess 575 kit and I am happy with but I get used of 10 psi now and want more lol

Comment

Working...
                              X