Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the brake bias for Dinan Brembo front/rear kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the brake bias for Dinan Brembo front/rear kit?

Looking at the following 2 kits:

Does anyone know the brake bias for this combination? Assuming a ZCP wheel set, would this work for an E46 M3??
    2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
    Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
    SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
    ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
    Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

The dinan brembos are 100% the same as normal e46 m3 brembos of the same size/piston count, other than the sticker.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Price seams high imo for a brake kit. Bunch of companies offer bbk for like almost half the price, porsche 911 conversions are super popular

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
        The dinan brembos are 100% the same as normal e46 m3 brembos of the same size/piston count, other than the sticker.
        Would you happen to know what the bias is or how to calculate it?
        Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
        SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2

Comment

Originally posted by HanSooloo View Post

Would you happen to know what the bias is or how to calculate it?
          You need to find the individual piston sizes (typically 3 different sizes in the front 6-piston caliper and 2 sizes in the rear caliper) which don't tend to be readily listed for Brembo or ST. I personally would feel comfortable that the Brembo's will be a matched set with the bias where it needs to be.

That part # you've pulled is for the larger 380mm kit. It will fit the 19" ZCP wheel set. If you want to trust but verify you can print the Brake Profile Cross Section for this kit from here: https://www.racetechnologies.com/pro.../gt-1m-9001a-0
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Unless you're trying to build the most amazing track weapon, in which case you'd run APs, it doesn't matter.

You seem new and I see you asking a bunch of questions. My best advice would be to slow down. There's so much to learn, and this is the fun part. Take your time. You'll learn how your first thoughts were all wrong, the longer you go.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
              ^^^^^^ This. The Dinan Kits are basically Brembo GT kits with the Dinan sticker on the caliper and the Dinan Tax. I have the Brembo GT 380mm Fronts and 345mm rears on my Coupe and the Dinan 380mm Fronts and 345mm rears on my convertible. The kits are identical, part number etc all the same.

If your looking for brake bias information any information from a Brembo GT kit for the e46 kit will work. Just compare your Dinan kit with the appropriate Brembo GT kit.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

^^^^^^ This. The Dinan Kits are basically Brembo GT kits with the Dinan sticker on the caliper and the Dinan Tax. I have the Brembo GT 380mm Fronts and 345mm rears on my Coupe and the Dinan 380mm Fronts and 345mm rears on my convertible. The kits are identical, part number etc all the same.

If your looking for brake bias information any information from a Brembo GT kit for the e46 kit will work. Just compare your Dinan kit with the appropriate Brembo GT kit.
                How are those working for you? Compared to OE does it give you more confidence?

Also, I haven’t been able to find any info on Brembo GT kit’s piston sizes to help calculate the brake bias. Any insights into that?

Comment

Originally posted by HanSooloo View Post

How are those working for you? Compared to OE does it give you more confidence?

Also, I haven’t been able to find any info on Brembo GT kit’s piston sizes to help calculate the brake bias. Any insights into that?
                  They have been fine. Braking is the same as OEM except pedal feel is a little better feel. Not going to stop you any sooner. Brakes are practically fade free.

They are noisy and will squeal a lot driving normally. So something to expect.

Comment

Brake bias isn't fixed solely within the caliper(s). Secondary factors like spring rates, rotor size, pad compound, and tire width will also affect it. A couple % in one direction or another won't be noticeable to most drivers. You'll feel more of a difference through the pedal itself with initial bite and overall feel (and that is dependent on getting the correct piston sizing matched the MC).

Besides, if anything these cars benefit from more rear bias than stock.

Comment

Working...
                    X