Supersprint sound clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supersprint sound clips

Here's some clips of how my supersprint exhaust sounds to help people out. When I was in the decision phase, I wished there were more videos. Low throttle, peel out, fly by.

V1 Stepped headers

Oversized Catless section 1

Oversized dual pipe Non-res section 2

Gen 2 Sport Muffler

I plan on getting cams+csl intake in the near future so I decided to get oversized pipes.

GoPro mic unfortunately

As far as volume goes, it's perfect. Loud only when I want it to be. No issues with long drives. The tone definitely changes when it gets warmed up. The only thing I dont like is at about 2.5k-3krpm theres a tin rattle sound when cold. I might try a resonated section 2 to see how it changes the sound.
    This system is way too expensive IMO, but luckily I got it for 25% off last year on turners website.
    Overall amazing mod. Completely changes the experience.
    Last edited by RawS54; 09-24-2021, 03:23 PM.

Nice videos. This is consistent with how it sounded to me when I had the same setup (muffler was scza, pretty similar to ss sport). I really didn't like what the unresonated 2.5" sect 2 did to the sound. Sounds more like a turbo car. There's no screaming anymore. Kinda boring, no offense. Makes good power though.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I have v1 headers and catted section 1 along with the resonated twin pipe section 2 and the ss sport. Love how quiet it is but has a nice little rumble. Some drone on the highway in 6th going 65-70 mph but once over that it’s gone. I do kinda miss the stock section 2 a bit because the car still had that scream. The ss section 2 got ride of rasp almost completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A section 2 resonated will take care of the issue you describe. I just made this exact change myself.
        '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Did you throw this in the exhaust set up and sound thread? Sounds great. Just got the gen 2 sport myself but I'm not running oversize pipes. Loving the sound though.

Comment

Originally posted by ELEM3NT View Post
            Did you throw this in the exhaust set up and sound thread? Sounds great. Just got the gen 2 sport myself but I'm not running oversize pipes. Loving the sound though.
            No I honestly didnt know. Im a complete newb when it comes to this forum. Lemme post it there actually..idk how to delete this one😂
            Last edited by RawS54; 09-24-2021, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              Nice videos. This is consistent with how it sounded to me when I had the same setup (muffler was scza, pretty similar to ss sport). I really didn't like what the unresonated 2.5" sect 2 did to the sound. Sounds more like a turbo car. There's no screaming anymore. Kinda boring, no offense. Makes good power though.
              Nah non taken. When it comes to hearing these cars in person, I only have mine for reference. Other m3s around me are stock exhaust. Videos only do so much. I really wonder what the American racing headers sound like? not that many have those.

Comment

There are a couple good vids from a guy we knew on the old forum named Andrew. I think they're on youtube. It actually sounds really good, but I wouldn't want ARH. They are Manifolde non grata around here
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by RawS54 View Post
                  Nah non taken. When it comes to hearing these cars in person, I only have mine for reference. Other m3s around me are stock exhaust. Videos only do so much. I really wonder what the American racing headers sound like? not that many have those.
                  I ran ARH for a while, about 8 months or so. Not a terrible header, just very tricky to tune properly and efficiently. I have a small sound clip here.

setup was ARH with catted section 1, stock section 2 and meisterschaft titanium section 3. This was pre-csl airbox in the first clip, and then the same setup with TMS CSL box in the second. Not the best clips, but all I have.

Also, we really need to be able to just upload a .MOV attachment to the forum. Having to post to other sites or apps and then post links here is super outdated and lame. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                    Lol it does sound more like a turbo car…now that you pointed it out I can’t unhear it

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post

Lol it does sound more like a turbo car…now that you pointed it out I can’t unhear it
                      Same. 😪

Comment

For reference here's mine.

SS Stepped V1 manifold
                        Status Gruppe Section 1 de-cat (twin 2 1/4")
                        Status Gruppe 3" x-pipe
                        SS Race Muffler

Comment

Working...
                        X