Tires for 19" Stock Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires for 19" Stock Wheels

Apologies if this has been covered ad nauseum, but I'm out of the loop, haven't had the need for sport tires in years, and searching the forum didn't come up with a clear answer. I'm going to need to replace the tires on my 2004 M3 vert sometime in the next few months. It's street driven only and a convertible, so I never even really get it to 9/10ths. Pretty much only gets driven on weekends and when the weather is nice and goes less than 5k miles a year. What are the top tire choices for this application?

I don't want something super soft where I'll be replacing tires frequently, but want them sticky enough where I can have fun without worry.

MICHELINPILOT SPORT A/S 3+

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

PS AS3 are great, PS4S would be even better. Conti's stickiest is good (extreme contact?). Honestly, General (Made by conti) GMax RS are really nice for the $:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/gene...ires-are-made/

I have them in the 18" stock sizing/wheels. Very comfortable, light, they communicate fine when pushed, but aren't very stiff in all honesty. Quiet otherwise. Decent grip, but not as good as firehawk or any sub 300 TW tire (they're 360TW which is still good). Good wet performance. $800 a set.
      Last edited by Tbonem3; 09-29-2021, 08:40 AM.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by SocratesRising View Post
        MICHELINPILOT SPORT A/S 3+

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
        Does the OP need all season tires? If so, is that tire even available in the appropriate sizes?

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is the benchmark performance street tire. IMO, anything less on a performance car is a disservice. But if you absolutely must save 200 bucks, I guess the Continental ExtremeContact Sport is the next best?
        2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by K-Dawg View Post

Does the OP need all season tires? If so, is that tire even available in the appropriate sizes?

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is the benchmark performance street tire. IMO, anything less on a performance car is a disservice. But if you absolutely must save 200 bucks, I guess the Continental ExtremeContact Sport is the next best?
            The all seasons last like twice as long. I run the AS/3+ on my non-winter driven M5 and honestly it’s a great tire. Enough grip to have fun with on the street, quiet and comfortable, lasts a long time due to the high tread wear rating. It’s a great match for an M3 vert, especially one not pushed hard like the OP’s. Not everyone needs or wants an ultra high performance summer tire.

Comment

Originally posted by OneSwellFoop View Post
              Apologies if this has been covered ad nauseum, but I'm out of the loop, haven't had the need for sport tires in years, and searching the forum didn't come up with a clear answer. I'm going to need to replace the tires on my 2004 M3 vert sometime in the next few months. It's street driven only and a convertible, so I never even really get it to 9/10ths. Pretty much only gets driven on weekends and when the weather is nice and goes less than 5k miles a year. What are the top tire choices for this application?

I don't want something super soft where I'll be replacing tires frequently, but want them sticky enough where I can have fun without worry.
              I think if you're in a place where you'll want to drive it in colder weather or heavy rain, I like the ContiExtreme DWS (and DWS 06). Otherwise, I suppose people like the Michelins. I sort of default to the Conti's for longer service life, comfort and all season optionality. I'm not one to have my tire choice dictate use of the car, particularly since I'm not driving at the limits anyway. My view is if the Conti's can handle my 4500lb 500hp+ AMG Sclass, they can certainly handle this car. From experience over the last 10 years, they can and they do.

maw

Comment

I threw Hankook V12's on but when I get actual wheels I'll get some Michelins
                2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Working...
                X