Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can individual gauge cluster gauges be replaced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can individual gauge cluster gauges be replaced?

As of lately, my coolant temp sensor seems to go in and out. Whenever I reconnect the battery, the gauge goes berserk, and only sometimes goes it go back to normal. Today, it didn't kick in until 2 hours in of driving (and after I turned the car off and on). The needle seems to struggle to move, when it tries to.

I've been monitoring engine temp based on oil temp gauge, and the Torque app to measure coolant temp (verified with laser thermometer and within normal range), but I'd like to fix this. I have a feeling the motor is going bad on the coolant temp gauge itself. Can this part be replaced? Or is it part of the whole gauge cluster?

Pic attached, just started the car up and the engine is cold, but you can see the coolant gauge is pinned in the red (after reconnecting the battery).
    Attached Files

I had the same issue and mine repaired by Circuit Board Medics and would recommend them. https://circuitboardmedics.com/1999-...luster-repair/

Comment

The servos can be replaced, but I never found a source for new ones. Pretty much always harvested from other clusters.

Comment

Working...
      X