Heated Recaros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heated Recaros

It's that time of year again where I regret replacing my stock heated seats with pole positions.

A few years ago I tried ripping the heating element out of an e46 seat I found at the junkyard, but had no luck. After plugging it into my harness the 3 lights illuminated and then went out. The seat was sitting outside so I just assumed it was probably junk and threw it all out.

My question is, since you cannot buy e46 heating elements, but you can buy new e36, e39 and e92 heating elements, do any of those work?

e39 elements work and can be purchased separately.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Good to know... Could I get two of the bottom elements and plug them both in?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	e39 heated seat element 2.PNG
Views:	1117
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	130205

Comment

I'm looking to get rid of my stock seats, leather is worn anyway. They are heated so i may lose that feature, but the stock seats are so unbearable comfort wise I honestly don't care at this point. Looking at the Sportster myself

Comment

Planning to fit E39 heat elements into my pole positions. Will report back how it goes.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought part # 52108253115 we'll see what happens in 2 weeks when it gets here

Comment

Originally posted by bloung5 View Post
              I'm looking to get rid of my stock seats, leather is worn anyway. They are heated so i may lose that feature, but the stock seats are so unbearable comfort wise I honestly don't care at this point. Looking at the Sportster myself
              Euroconnex has some fs: https://euroconnex.co/collections/e4...s/sportster-cs

Comment

I bought some stock E46 seats and tore them apart for the heater elements. They're installed in my SPG XLs but I haven't gotten around to wiring them in. Winter project for a car that doesn't see winter 😂
                2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 BMW ///M3
                Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Davis View Post
                  I just bought part # 52108253115 we'll see what happens in 2 weeks when it gets here
                  Any update? Got my seats but I'm still waiting for my mounts and heat pads. Just thinking about how to fit the pads into the cushions.

Comment

Originally posted by dl.m3 View Post

Any update? Got my seats but I'm still waiting for my mounts and heat pads. Just thinking about how to fit the pads into the cushions.
                    Also would like to know how this goes!

Comment

I have the heater but haven't gotten around to doing it yet, thanks for reminding me!

Will let you know tomorrow lol

Comment

How difficult is it to remove the fabric on the stock seats?

I have M-Alcantara and the driver’s side element is faulty. Wonder how difficult it would be to replace it without damaging the stock fabric.

Comment

Got the E39 elements part 52108253115 but unfortunately it doesn't seem like these are plug and play. I'm not seeing how this red plug is going to sit in the yellow seat harness plug. I don't mind cutting and soldering but if I want a "clean" install I'll probably source a junk heated seat just to borrow the harness plug.

Comment

Originally posted by dl.m3 View Post
                            Got the E39 elements part 52108253115 but unfortunately it doesn't seem like these are plug and play. I'm not seeing how this red plug is going to sit in the yellow seat harness plug. I don't mind cutting and soldering but if I want a "clean" install I'll probably source a junk heated seat just to borrow the harness plug.
                            You still need to make or borrow the piece of the harness that goes between the heated seat elements and the yellow plug. I bought used E39 seat harnesses on eBay and ripped them apart to source all the right connectors to make two new slimmed down harnesses without cannibalizing my own stock seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis View Post
                              I have the heater but haven't gotten around to doing it yet, thanks for reminding me!

Will let you know tomorrow lol
                              Hey Davis… just checking in to see if you had any update on this. I’ve recently been acquiring all the parts needed to retrofit heated seats. Last piece of the puzzle is the heating elements. Not sure if I should try buying E39 elements are sourcing E46 elements from old seats.

If the E39 elements were plug and play I’d prefer them because they’d be new. If not the used E46 units might be easier and factory install.

Let us know, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X