Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIL: The Aston Martin DB5 in the new Bond film "No Time to Die" is actually an E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TIL: The Aston Martin DB5 in the new Bond film "No Time to Die" is actually an E46 M3

Well, kinda.

I'm not sure if they're all E46 M3 with a custom carbon DB5 body thrown onto it or just have a S54 swapped into there. Either way, pretty neat connection! Had no idea. If you can find some BTS footage of stunts you can really hear the S54 scream.

Unmistakable S54 sound… makes me think exhaust changes are useless… I guess that’s why I haven’t pulled the trigger in anything yet… some cars I think are best left stock… mind you, I bought this one because it WASN’T such a car… but over the years I’ve been loathe to change it much, preferring to go “new OEM” with parts.

maw

PS… Slightly longer video here… https://youtu.be/U8XHb0Sqg_I … around the 10’ mark they start dropping hints… best argument for a restomod I’ve seen in a while.
    Last edited by maw1124; 10-10-2021, 08:22 AM.

Comment

That thing must be a blast to drive.

Comment

Also probably a 420g, given the e46 M3 shift knob.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Fun hearing the S54 scream! Good share

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
            Unmistakable S54 sound… makes me think exhaust changes are useless… I guess that’s why I haven’t pulled the trigger in anything yet… some cars I think are best left stock… mind you, I bought this one because it WASN’T such a car… but over the years I’ve been loathe to change it much, preferring to go “new OEM” with parts.

maw

PS… Slightly longer video here… https://youtu.be/U8XHb0Sqg_I … around the 10’ mark they start dropping hints… best argument for a restomod I’ve seen in a while.
            M3 sounds worst in stock trim.
            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
            X