CSL Sway Bar on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
    why I wouldn't bother getting this "deal"?
    Definition of the word DEAL: an attractive price on a commodity for a purchaser; a bargain.

Since ECS Tuning sells this for $408 right now it therefore fits the definition of “deal”.

I’m not selling these. I’m just posting to help members who prefer OE CSL fitment/engineering and were planning to buy in future.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Ya and I'm helping less informed members know why, even at $212, it's not as good a deal as Hotchkis at $239. Simple.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post

I’m not selling these. I’m just posting to help members who prefer OE CSL fitment/engineering and were planning to buy in future.
        Yeah this is why I’m not cancelling the order. I have no need for adjustable since it puts my car right in the middle of neutral, and I have a lot more track driving and learning to do before I mess with it again, if I ever do. Plus CSL stuff always sells quickly locally around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          Ya and I'm helping less informed members know why, even at $212, it's not as good a deal as Hotchkis at $239. Simple.
          They serve different purposes. Agreed the Hotchkis is a stiffer sway bar with adjustability for similar money to this deal.

The value in the CSL setup is to have something engineered for this chassis that is stiffer than stock. For those of us who prefer to set it and forget it, it’s nice being able to just slap on an upgrade. Also nice to be able to get OE rubber bushings that don’t make noise etc

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

They serve different purposes. Agreed the Hotchkis is a stiffer sway bar with adjustability for similar money to this deal.

The value in the CSL setup is to have something engineered for this chassis that is stiffer than stock. For those of us who prefer to set it and forget it, it’s nice being able to just slap on an upgrade. Also nice to be able to get OE rubber bushings that don’t make noise etc
            doing research on my next suspension setup, and I've run across a few people having swaybar mounts tear away from the chassis. Has there been any determination as to the cause of that? If the aftermarket bars cause problems, I'll stick with the CSL/VNE option.

Comment

Yeah that’s always been a thing with aftermarket non-TUV approved bars. Even back in my E30 M3 days. That’s why Eibach and H&R are still smaller than big USA made bars. They are at their limit needed to be safe to get TUV approved. Those others can’t get TUV approval because they often break brackets and pull out mounting studs when pushed and safety risks.

Pretty sure a car won’t pass European inspections with Hotchkis.

The fix for cars not needing to pass an inspection with non-TUV big bars is to reinforce those mounting areas.
              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

For those planning to do this, keep in mind you must use the PF bushings, the OE items are not available in NA, I tried to source them from several places and I was told by main dealers they can no longer order Euro only parts.

I was able to get the bar, the brackets and the fasteners, but not the OE bushings.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                  For those planning to do this, keep in mind you must use the PF bushings, the OE items are not available in NA, I tried to source them from several places and I was told by main dealers they can no longer order Euro only parts.

I was able to get the bar, the brackets and the fasteners, but not the OE bushings.
                  Got my bushings a month or two ago from Schmiedmann. It took a while but they got here. Price is up over 2x since I ordered them in November though 😑

https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...1-35-2-282-656

Comment

thanks for the info!!! 40+ per bushing, and they are out of stock, I am going to try the powerflex bushings and lube them liberally, they will be fine as I don't drive on wet or dusty conditions, let alone snow. is a Sunday drive only now

Comment

They were out of stock when I ordered too but Schmiedmann is great at back ordering and getting parts. They are just a normal European BMW dealer that decided to have an online store for some reason. But yeah $40x2 plus $30 freight to the states is tough to justify unless the bar is really cheap. I’d just use Powerflex too and reevaluate if they don’t last or are too squeaky.

Comment

this is all very helpful, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by old///MFanatic View Post
                          Yeah that’s always been a thing with aftermarket non-TUV approved bars. Even back in my E30 M3 days. That’s why Eibach and H&R are still smaller than big USA made bars. They are at their limit needed to be safe to get TUV approved. Those others can’t get TUV approval because they often break brackets and pull out mounting studs when pushed and safety risks.

Pretty sure a car won’t pass European inspections with Hotchkis.

The fix for cars not needing to pass an inspection with non-TUV big bars is to reinforce those mounting areas.
                          Also worth noting that the OE CSL setup uses steel brackets for the front sways rather than aluminum brackets. I imagine that acts as a poor man's reinforcement to some degree.

Comment

I have the Eibach front and rear sway bars and I think the Eibach Front sway bar is 29mm. If so changing to the CSL might be a nice upgrade and no need to worry about adjusting it.

Comment

Working...
                            X