Today is the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the day!

Today is the day that many of you, and myself, have been excited for. Dyno tuning the new SS V1 setup against my old ARH setup.

Same car, same dyno, same tuner (HTE of course).

As a reference, old set up was ARH with catted section 1, oe section 2, meisterschaft titanium section 3, and the TMS V2 csl box.

Previous setup put down 318whp and 231 wtq on a dynojet with STD 1 correction.

New set up is SS V1 headers with catless oversized section 1, SS 2.5” dual resonated section 2, meisterschaft titanium section 3, and a Karbonius csl airbox.

I’ll be updating this post throughout the day, answering any questions along the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1D7ED4CE-977E-43E2-84E4-DF971EC81D6D.jpeg
Views:	665
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	131796
    The current dyno chart from the old setup.

Comment

Ok so Karb and SSV1 are the changes. I also suspect that Turner box may be limiting in some way due to design. Would be nice to hear the sound difference though

Edit: that torque number should go up significantly and the peak should come down in rpm. I bet a conservative 325whp to 335whp. Enjoy bro
      Last edited by CrisSilberGrau; 10-14-2021, 06:16 AM.
      2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
        Ok so Karb and SSV1 are the changes. I also suspect that Turner box may be limiting in some way due to design. Would be nice to hear the sound difference though

Edit: that torque number should go up significantly and the peak should come down in rpm. I bet a conservative 325whp to 335whp. Enjoy bro
        Those are the numbers I’m aiming for. Section 2 also had a change, hoping to see good results.

TMS box was definitely louder than the Karb, but quality and fitment was subpar.

Comment

Should be a big difference with the sec 1+2 as well. Current setup should be 340ish on a healthy motor.

Let's go, when are the results coming?
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Those original numbers seem kinda low for good headers and an airbox no? My high mileage motor put down nearly 330whp with just JVT (ebay?) headers, sgt section 2 xpipe, mxp section 3, AA pulleys, a crap KN intake and TTFS tune. I have to check what correction was used though on mine, maybe yours is just reading lower. But def down to see the improvements from your previous run with the new setup! I would expect 340whp on that new setup.

Btw what are you doing with the ARH headers and TMS airbox, happen to be selling?
            2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
            Instagram
            Youtube

Comment

Can you retrieve the run files from the Dyno operator?

Comment

Ah, fun!

Hopefully the dyno operator can overlay the two plots? I am more excited for the entire powerband than the peak numbers.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                  Ah, fun!

Hopefully the dyno operator can overlay the two plots? I am more excited for the entire powerband than the peak numbers.
                  Spit balling here, can the vanos solenoid affect power. Asking because other than that my vanos is all done, with VAC (i know i know @obioban) hub and beisian rattle kit.
                  2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Stock section 2 vs SS section 2 might be an interesting comparison too. I feel like the conclusion on that piece was that you won't see any gains until you have cams.
                    2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

So update: car put down 317 and 244. There’s an odd dip in the power band between 6700-7000 that we’re having trouble diagnosing.

Power band up until that point is good, once the dip occurs, the inconsistency starts to kick in.

Vanos and valve adjustment have been done, and HTE tried reducing timing and vanos pressure up top and still ran into the same thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	721A8946-4C1D-40EC-BFE9-93B18BDA8D33.jpeg
Views:	581
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	131869

At this point I’m thinking it may be low compression, and possibly an old clutch? It’s frustrating yes, but it seems like there should be a resolution somewhere, just need to pinpoint it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRussia View Post
                        Those original numbers seem kinda low for good headers and an airbox no? My high mileage motor put down nearly 330whp with just JVT (ebay?) headers, sgt section 2 xpipe, mxp section 3, AA pulleys, a crap KN intake and TTFS tune. I have to check what correction was used though on mine, maybe yours is just reading lower. But def down to see the improvements from your previous run with the new setup! I would expect 340whp on that new setup.

Btw what are you doing with the ARH headers and TMS airbox, happen to be selling?
                        I agree those numbers did seem low at the time. Now that I managed to get more torque and roughly the same power, my gut tells me that the limitation is no longer from the hardware.

Comment

There's something wrong with your car man.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

It's also super jagged. Something is up..

And more jagged than before, with the same smoothing factor.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i
                            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                              There's something wrong with your car man.
                              Agreed lol

Comment

Working...
                              X