Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cover for Hole Left After CD Changer Removed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover for Hole Left After CD Changer Removed?

[Edit: Disregard. Went to RealOEM and found a stock storage container that will work perfectly. Part # 51478243085
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...on-51478243085 Leaving this for posterity in case anyone else searches for a solution.]

I have an E46 convertible and removed the CD changer to mount the BlueBus bluetooth adapter. It works great, but there's a hole in the trim where the CD changer used to be mounted and it doesn't look just great.

Has anyone come up with some sort of solution for a cover for that void?

Ideally, I'd like something that I can modify to mount the BlueBus on as well, since I still need to access it to power cycle and update the firmware on it occasionally. The best solution, I'd think, would be some sort of cover for the hole where the CD player was with a panel that extends down a little that you could mount the BlueBus on. If there is no panel extending down, I can add one easily enough, my concern is finding a cover for the hole that looks vaguely OEM-ish. Does anyone have any insight as to what kind of cover might be viable?
    Last edited by OneSwellFoop; 10-16-2021, 06:21 AM.
Working...
X