Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with cleaver idea on plugging punctured washer tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with cleaver idea on plugging punctured washer tank?

Checking if anyone know of cleaver way to seal the hole made from drilling into the washer tank, without removing the front bumper.

Idiot i am, i should have checked first, before doing the splitters install.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SNAG-21878.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	132395

Urgh... it's right behind the bumper,

Name:	SNAG-21879.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	132397

Comment

maybe try these rubber plugs, and just drill the hole big enough to plug this in

Amazon.com: ANCIRS 12 Pack 8mm Floor Bottle Jack Plugs, Black Rubber Hydraulic Filler Bung For Oil Reservoir Hole : Industrial & Scientific

Comment

you're prob better off just replacing the tank....i forget if you can remove it from the fender well area, as opposed to removing the bumper.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
            Exactly,

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post

Originally posted by antknee View Post
              you're prob better off just replacing the tank....i forget if you can remove it from the fender well area, as opposed to removing the bumper.

Had some left over butyl tape from recent vapor barrier maintenance, took a small piece squeezed it, and shoved it through the hole. And screwed on with the same stainless screw.

Dropped about a 1L of washer fluid.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SNAG-21883.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.3 KB ID:	132450

Seem to hold (for now), no leak/drip. Will see how well this holds up during driving, but next time the front bumper comes out, will patch it with that Gorilla tape. Or, if i get too OCD then will replace it with new reservoir tank.

Last edited by gixxer; 10-18-2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

If you end up removing the tank the permanent fix would be plastic weld. Good as new!

Comment

The #1 Online Source for Genuine, OE, & OEM European Replacement Car Parts since 1986. Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping, and Unlimited Returns Call: 1-860-388-9001
                  2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 BMW ///M3
                  Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                  2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                  2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                  2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                    If you end up removing the tank the permanent fix would be plastic weld. Good as new!
                    I'll look into plastic welding.

I do have liquid plastic welding UV glue, used in few places to fix broken clips.

Comment

Empty the bottle, clean up outside around the hole really good, then RTV will do, never crack even under tracking condition.

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
                        Empty the bottle, clean up outside around the hole really good, then RTV will do, never crack even under tracking condition.
                        Thanks.

I just recently picked this one up from local ACE store,

Name:	SNAG-21904.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	132582

Comment

I did the same exact thing back in 2014 when installing one-piece lip. I emptied out the tank and used water-resistant epoxy from home depot. I let it cure for about a week before refilling. I don't drive my car in the rain but the light on the dash and the puddles were annoying me. After a week I filled it up and it hasn't leaked at all in 7 years.

Comment

Working...
                          X